Chapter Eight: Agoraphobia - Fear of Crowds

This is a boyxboy story which means boy on boy stuff.  Likey?  Read.  Don't.  Go away.

Chapter Eight: Agoraphobia – Fear of Crowds

                                    Adrian’s POV

I was sixteen.  My four best friends were laughing and drinking beer.  The party was a complete success, it would be talked about for years until we graduate and maybe the freshman here will even talk about it even after we’re gone.  The music blasted and I saw my friends chuckling as I came over.

            Simon, my best friend, looked at me with a smirk on his face, “Is that a hickey I see?  Someone popped your cherry finally?”

            “Cute, dude, cute,” I rolled my eyes, “I just had a quick make-out in the hallway, nothing that extreme.”

            My little brother was surrounded by girls, as usual, but he looked up in our direction and he smiled.  He gave us a wave and fought to get through the crowd to join us.  He looked at us with a big grin that said he wanted a beer himself.  I frowned, “No.”

            His eyes dimmed their happiness, “Dude, I’m only a year younger!”

            Simon smiled, “I’ll take him to get him one, and I’ll take full responsibility.  Anyway, one beer won’t harm him.”

            “No, he’s got our mom’s genes and she can’t take a sip without getting drunk,” I shook my head and frowned but I saw both their pleading faces I was slowly giving in, “I said no.  No, no, no…” Their eyes went big, “Okay, okay, get your beer, damn.”

            Triumph shined in their eyes and they went into the kitchen.  I rolled my eyes and went to join Oscar and Nicholas.  I stood by them and grinned, “Hey.  What’s up?”

            Oscar snorted and pointed at Nicky, “He invited the dork.”

            I raised an eyebrow and turned to look over my shoulder.  By a very attractive girl was a boy who stood out by his height.  He wasn’t lacking much muscle and didn’t lack any intelligence or looks so I didn’t understand why Oscar disliked the guy so much where the kid was bullied.  I think his name was Ethan, and I could tell he was trying to ignore our stares good enough to not spark up Oscar’s anger.

            “He’s my step-brother, you ass,” Nicky looked offended and he glared at Oscar, “And he’s my friend.”

            “I don’t ever see you hang out with him,” Oscar mumbled and he looked at him, “And Ethan doesn’t even like hanging out with us, what?  Since like seventh grade?”

            Miley came to the rescue and gave her comforting giggle, “Boys, leave him alone.  This party is to have fun, not to start shit that’s not needed.”  In reply, Nicky smiled and brought her into his arms.

            “Yeah, so shut up, Oscar,” Nicky teased, but in a very sarcastic loving tone that made Oscar let it pass without argument.

            I snorted, “Isn’t he gay?”

            Nicky blinked, “Dude, not you too.”

            “No, I have nothing against gays, I’m just wondering.  Isn’t your dad like a bible freak too?”

            “Yeah… He’s gay and my dad’s a man to God.”

            “I feel sorry for the guy,” I said, frankly and looked at him, but the thoughts vanished my mind when I heard a girl squeal.

            I looked at the kitchen and saw people near, staring.  Some were curious while others looked disgusted.  I saw the three going to look but I held them back and frowned, “Wait here, I’ll go look.”

            I went into the kitchen and nothing prepared me what I saw.

I slammed my fist against the door and stood impatiently at the door.  The door opened but stopped by the chain lock so it opened by a crack.  Alex looked out, “What’s wrong, Adrian?  We didn’t any noise or anything.”

            “I need to talk to your blind boy.”

            “Blind man!” a defensive reply came from behind the door and Alex cracked a grin, looking behind him.

            “Shut up, you’re my baby boy!”

            “Am not!”

            Alex looked at me, “He is, don’t tell him that though.  Firstly, tell me why do you want to talk to him?”

            “It’s about St. Henry’s…”

            Alex blinked and scowled, “Go away, he doesn’t need to talk about his life story.  And I doubt he wants to tell you.”

            The door slammed closed and I blinked before slumping against the wall.  Without the little guy’s story, I had nothing.  I had nothing but to look deeper in the memories I wanted to hide, that I tried so desperately to rid of.

            I was turning around when I heard the lock open and the door creak wide, I turned around to see the blind boy looking at me.  He blinked, “Hi.”

            “Hello…”

            He frowned, “Why do you want to know about St. Henry’s?”

            “My friend went there and he’s been hiding secrets.  I wanted to find out some things,” I frowned and looked at him, “I know you probably didn’t know him and you don’t…”

            “Everyone knew each other; we were each other’s protectors, you may call it walls to the reality of it.  I went there for six summers,” Adam blinked and shuffled his feet, “I’m tired today though, visit tomorrow and you can ask all you want.”

            Alex behind him looked defeated and glared at me over Adam’s shoulder.  Adam closed the door and I stood there, confused and grinned, “Thank you…”

            I turned and went into my room, glaring at the picture of my brother, my five best friends, and me laughing hysterically at something we all forgot about.  I took the picture and put face down on the table.  I looked across my room and saw all the paperclips of my brother, of me trying to figure him out and find out where he could have vanished from.

            One picture drew me closer, of me and Simon.  I felt my heart crack and I put my head against the wall.  I grabbed a guitar hanging from the side before playing a small tune from a Flyleaf’s There For You.  I frowned and looked out the window, continuing to play, hoping wherever my brother disappeared to was listening and wherever the dead went, Simon was hearing it as well.  I hoped they heard.

                                    Adam’s POV

The music only I seemed to hear drifted to my ears and I laid my head to the pillow.  I felt my eyelids drop and in the darkness, a place where I only can hear I was content.  I wasn’t much help these days so I think helping Adrian is for the best.

            I believed the music I was listening to was only for me, and in a way, I think it was.  I smiled, slowly and grinned myself to sleep.  I hoped I could help Adrian, and I told myself even if I have to dig up my most painful memories to do so, I would.

A/N: short and sweet.