Excuses 16/100

The sound of his footsteps echoed against the walls of his new office, while he grumbled under his breath. Sasagawa paced back and forth, his mind coming up blank as he tried to think up of a new plan that would help his group and its members from shutting down and being abandoned. He was still so very furious with Rose, her mistake set them back a long way and set a trail for them to be caught. And because of that, many of the others had abandoned the group, to which he had allowed them to leave. If they didn't have the strength or will to keep on fighting, than they had no right to be there. 

Sasagawa took in a deep breath, before growling and cursing. It only enraged him the more he thought about his recent issues. Not only are the funds for the cult lowering, but they've recently captured more of their members, one of them being a very rich politician and their biggest donor. As he's pacing, the room begins to ring with a soft beeping. Turning his head, he walked up to his desk and picked up his cell. On the screen it showed a blocked number, but he knew who was calling, and he was the last person he wanted to speak to. Taking in another deep breath, he answered the call and pressed the device to his ear, might as well see what he wants. 

"What do you want?" He growled, not liking the calm tone on the other side of the line. 

"Just checking up on you," the one other line began. "As you've heard, we've captured more of your members, it won't be long until we're closer to finding the main group and taking you into custody."

"As if you could do such a thing, you and I both know that I'm not the enemy here." Sasagawa growled. It took all of his self-control to keep as quiet as possible. The last thing he needed was to lose his temper and have the remainder of the members in his group to barge in and ask what he was doing. He didn't want them to find out who he was talking to, it would blow all of his plans away. 

"If you're suggesting (y/n) is the enemy, then you are dead wrong." 

"I don't see why you have to protect him, when he's the reason I lost everything!" Sasagawa accidentally yelled, clearing his throat and hoping that no one heard him. "I will get rid of him, and I won't let you get in my way."

"..." The man on other line kept quiet, before taking a deep breath and calmly saying. "If that's how you're going to be, than I have no choice but stop you." 

"I would like to see you try." As always, he was being threatened. He could no longer trust anyone, not his members, and not even those reliable resources that always kept him up to date on the (h/c) haired teen. "What I'm doing is the right thing, I'm doing the world a favour and getting rid of him to make sure no one dies because of him. He's a demon magnet and a bad influence, and God wants me to save everyone. I was born to take out that boy-"

"What you're doing is trying to take an innocent life." The normally calm male on the other end of the line began to get serious. "Stop justifying yourself and your actions and making up excuses. You and I both know that you're using this whole cult and group as an excuse to kill (y/n). I'll protect the boy with all I have and I will stop you."

Sasagawa growled, and without hesitation, he pulled the phone away from his ear and ended the call. He had no reason to fear the man, simply because he had the Vatican on his side and exorcists who will listen to him. He, too, had many people on his side, and if it's a war he wants, it's a war he'll get. Staring down at the phone in his hands, he couldn't help but let out a small smile, a chuckle rumbling in his chest at the sight of his screen saver. 

It was a recent picture of (y/n) eating a convenience store ice cream with the son of Satan. 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-