Opportunities 10/100

Days had turned into months, as the murders grew larger and larger in numbers and casualties, causing everyone to go into a downright panic. And right when Mephisto had thought that things would get better, his female and male students were going missing. 

He had felt something inside him snap, as he sent his many kin as well as Amaimon's to find the missing teens. Chaotic and high ranking demons were nothing to Mephisto's and his younger brother's kin, they were much stronger and quick fighters. Luckily, all twenty two students had been found, tied up and placed on the floor where sacrifices had been made in the past. Apparently men and woman in dark blue cloaks had captured them, planing to preform a ritual until they suddenly ran off upon sensing the demons heading towards them. 

Once the teens had been returned to their families, everyone within the school had been told to return home, school would resume when the murders were put to a permanent end. The purple haired headmaster had received praise by many, the Vatican had even been impressed with the way he had handled the situation, but none of that mattered to him. 

Especially since (y/n) had yet to awaken. 

Angel had been in a panic, assuming that the boy would forever be in a coma, stuck in a deep sleep until his dying day. Rin had stayed by (y/n)'s side, talking to him and hoping that he'd wake up any day now, touching him on the cheek on occasion and hissing at the sting he felt upon contact. Yukio and Shura had examined (y/n), both stating that he was just fine and would probably wake up in a few more months. But what had baffled all of them was the strange, new discovery about (y/n)...

His sweat, it was actually holy water. 

"Angel." Mephisto had said in a dark tone, glancing over to the blond that stood closest to the bed, his face was expressionless as he gazed down at the peacefully sleeping teen. "You know something, and you've been hiding it from all of us," he began, Shura, Rin and Yukio all turned to him while nodding in agreement, each one wanting to know what he had been hiding but none having the bravery to ask the easily angered man. Angel didn't move, his eyes taking in the younger male's appearance as he continued to stand near the bed in a statue-like stance. He took in the way (y/n) held a peaceful expression, looking almost as though he were dead, or as though he were a doll, both ideas frightened him to the very bone. At the sound of Mephisto's forced throat clearing, Angel heaved a deep sigh, before turning to frown at the wall, raising a brow at all the strange poster with the words Soul Eater written across the top. "You can't blame me for that... Fujimoto thought it would be wise. He said it would help him in the future, should anything happen to him, and it looks like he was right."

"Wait," Yukio suddenly exclaimed, his eyes as wide as saucers at the sudden news of his father's involvement with the boy. "Our dad knew (y/n)?" He asked, as Rin hopped off of the bed, walking up to Angel with an angry expression. "Hey! How is our old man involved in this? This is the first time I've heard of this!" Angel ignored the angry, raven haired teens, his arms crossed over his chest as he stood his ground. He was going to keep his lips sealed tight, not wanting to give them too much information about the boy and his life up until that moment. "This hippie is hiding a lot from us," Shura commented, crossing her arms over her chest as she sent Angel a glare. "Better start talking, or I'm going to have to take drastic measures to force it out of you."

"Madam, I highly doubt there is anything that you can do to force any information out of me." Angel responded in a cocky manner, he knew how to keep his lips sealed, and he would take his secrets to the grave. Like a true paladin, he keeps his secrets in order to protect, and to prevent anyone from using them to harm. Sending a smug expression to Shura, the paladin couldn't help but feel confident with himself, glad to see that there was nothing she could use against him. But to his disappointment, Shura simply returned the smug expression, pulling out her sword from her chest as the others watched with intrigue, wondering what it was that she was planning. "You asked for it," she mumbled with a chuckle, holding the sword tightly within her hands. "I know the one thing that is more precious to you than life itself and loyalty to the Vatican."