III

_____

Sehun's POV

"What do you think you're doing?"

I opened my eyes to a visibly angered Kai, tightly gripping the wrist of my attacker. I watched as he glared at her, speaking in a low tone of voice.

"Leave. And don't come back." He growled while dropping her wrist, and she scurried away without a word. I blankly stared at her retreating figure, still processing what just happened. I felt a warm hand on my neck, turning me to face them.

"Are you okay?" Kai stood before me, sending me a look of concern.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks for saving me back there," I stuttered, dazed from the sudden contact. He suddenly smirked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"3 houses in every country, eh?" He chuckled, sitting down in front of me and crossing one leg over the other. I widened my eyes, shocked.

"You heard everything?" I gaped at him.

"Most of it, I think. You looked pretty cool, so I didn't interrupt until I thought I was needed," he smiled, clearly amused.

"So that's why you took so long..." I muttered to myself, cheeks reddening from the compliment.

"Oh, you still haven't eaten?" Kai noticed my plate that was barely touched.

"I was interrupted," I shrugged, and remembered that he hasn't either.

"Ah, this is yours. I almost gave it to the girl without knowing," I laughed when he scrunched up his nose cutely.

We continued to eat without further interruptions, getting to know each other more and more. By the time we both finished, I felt as if I've known Kai for years. It was already 10 pm when we finally decided to part ways.

"Today was really fun, thanks for treating me," I smiled, despite the sadness I felt that it was over already.

"I enjoyed it too, and it was my pleasure." Kai returned the smile. It looked like he wanted to say something else, but I just brushed it off.

"Well... This is goodbye then?" I asked more to myself, feeling my lips curve downwards. It looked like he was in deep thought, eyebrows furrowed and eyes cast to the ground.

When he didn't reply, I let a small sigh escape my lips and turned to leave, only to be tugged back into someone's chest. I felt strong arms wrap themselves around my waist, securing me in their grip.

"... Kai?" I mumbled, confused and flustered by his sudden actions.

"Do you want to stay over tonight? I'm going to be lonely without Hana, plus I have a guest room if you want it," I felt his breath against my neck and chills ran down my spine. Pondering his suggestion, I decided it'd be better than walking home alone in the dark and during the middle of the night.

"Okay."

[Time Skip~Kai's house]

"Well, make yourself at home." Kai unlocked the door, gesturing his hand for me to go in first. I muttered an inaudible 'thanks' and took a step inside the pitch black house, Kai closing the door behind him. Considering it was just as dark outside, if not darker, whether the door stayed open or not didn't make much of a difference.

"Uh, Kai, I'm not really fond of the dark, where's the light switch?" I chuckled nervously, unable to even see my own hands.

"Yeah, sorry, give me a second. I swear it was around here somewhere.. Ah, there it is," he muttered, and I felt a hand collide with my face.