Chapter 25

I reached the nearest airport, after running about three miles. I never stopped, too scarred William would find out and come for me. I bought a ticket for the first flight back to Oregon and boarded the plane. I decided to call Alex on my cell phone.

"Hey. How's Germany?"

"Aweful, I'm coming home, can you pick me up at the airport outside of town, I'll explain everything later."

"Sure."

"Oh, and Alex, I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

          I said and hung up. Finally able to relax, I closed my eyes and soon driffted to sleep, making the flight seem shorter. I heard the pilot over the PA.

"We will be landing in about ten minutes, so buckle up folks, and don't worry about any bumps, it's just turbulance."

"Really? I didn't know that!"

          I muttered under my breath. Ten minutes didn't take very long and soon I was getting off the plane and looking for Alex in the giant airport. I decided to text him and see where he was.

'Where are you at?'

'The cafe.'

'K I'll be there in two minutes.'

'K.'

          I put away my phone and it buzzed again. What else could he have to say? It was an unknown number.

'You can run, Angie, but I will find you and you will be mine to do with what I want.'

          Will?! When did he get a cell phone?! I hurried to the cafe that Alex said he was at and spotted him immediately. What can I say? It's not very hard to spot the one guy in a cafe that wears all black.

"Alex, oh my God, I'm so glad to see you."

          I said hugging him. He chuckled.

"What happened?"

          Any trace of happiness on my face was now gone.

"He lied to me Alex."

          I said hugging him tighter, releasing my tears into his black t-shirt.

"I know, baby. "

         He said stroking my hair.

"He said he was coming for me!"

          I said remembering the text I got a few moments ago.

"Well, let's get you out of here and back home."

          We walked out of the airport and to Alex's car. The drive was silent but we finally reached his house, where I finally felt safe. The first time I had felt safe since I met William's wives.