Chapter 11: Devil Time

As Nagisa rolled over, he was focused on the day ahead that awaited him. The incident with Yuuji had been little more than a blur to him, and a week had passed since. No conversation was dwelled on it, but they had remained in contact, and still had the normal boyfriend-girlfriend discussions. As effectively, that was what Nagisa was now, Yuuji's girlfriend. But we digress from the story, As Nagisa dressed in his now normal clothes, he prospected to the day ahead.

Ikodai-san had asked him to take care of his children for a few days, for his wife had entered labor and Nagisa was the only one who could take care of their kids, and talk naturally with Kasa who was considered trustworthy. Nagisa breakfasted and left for Kunigagoaka West Station. He was wearing a yellow summer dress which came down to his knees, white bonnet and white socks. It was quite a western-looking look, and one that made him look surprisingly elegant.

Ikodai picked him up from the station and took him to their house. Nothing had changed, and as they entered the door Hinata and Onorada came bounding up to greet him. It was about 11:00am when Ikodai left for the hospital to rejoin his wife, and everyone was delighted to see Nagisa. Onorada had turned 8 since last Nagisa saw him, and was given a small toy as a present from Nagisa. However, as it turned out, Kasa and Hinata both had friends round that day and at least one of them was unpleased to see him, or in their eyes 'her'.

Kasa and his friend Takeru kept themselves to themselves most of the time, but Hinata's friend, Yuki, had a certain evil about him that could not be explained by science or mysticism. He was a bit taller than Hinata, had dark black hair, and wore a green coat and hat. He had a positive complexion on his face, and while this comforted Nagisa, it did not assure him.

Anywho, Nagisa took off the hat, and donned the apron. He tied his hair in a ponytail and got to work on the lunch. He decided on sushi, as it was his favourite dish, and the ingredients were there. He started on that when he heard a scream and a thump.

'That can't be good...' Nagisa thought. He rushed from the kitchen to the living room to find no problem. Onorada had been occupying himself with daytime kid's TV, and Hinata and Yuki were seen playing in the corner. A concerned Nagisa looked around for any disturbance and asked half-heartedly: "Is everything alright?" To which the response was: "Yeah, we're fine thanks sis!" from Yuki. Nagisa edged his way back into the kitchen, after a small amount of time passed, he was followed discreetly by this 'devil child', and Hinata.

Any onlooker would see that Hinata stayed back at the kitchen door, and as Yuki made his way behind Nagisa, he lifted up his dress, and pinched some uncooked rice. "Kyaaa~! Yuki! Don't eat that it's not cooked!" But however childish his devil acts were, he refused to admit defeat to a girl. He ate the handful of hand cooked rice. Although it wouldn't harm him gravely, Nagisa felt so irresponsible, even though it was Yuki who distracted him in the first place.

Although one might think 'devil child' is a harsh term to place on annoyance such as Yuki, sometimes the little acts can be the worst. Needless to say, Nagisa locked the door when he was in the kitchen from then on. At 12:30, the kitchen had been cleaned, and lunch served. He unlocked the door and called on everyone that food was ready. Onorada, Hinata and Yuki were sitting at the table when Kasa and Takeru joined them.

Takeru was a boy of 15, the same age as Nagisa and Kasa, but like Kasa, he was towering over Nagisa, and he too, had dark black hair. As Nagisa greeted him, he seemed to flush from ear to ear. Whilst Nagisa chose not to pick up on it, it was clearly visible to anyone watching. Nagisa started the meal and the rest soon followed. Everyone was bombarding questions at one another, but when the room fell silent, Yuki blurted out: "Nagisa-chan! You're going to be a great mum! You do everything, lunch, cleaning and ironing! I wish you would be my mum!" Nagisa, Kasa and Hinata went bright red, they knowing the truth behind Nagisa's identity, and as a result, the room was filled with an awkwardness that was not dispelled before the lunch was over. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the day drew to a close, Yuki's parents came to pick him up and thanked Nagisa for taking care of him. But before they left, they called out: "We've wanted a responsible girl like you to babysit for our kids as well! We'll ask Ikodai to give us your number, so you'll be hearing from us soon!" Nagisa blushed, the fact that he was unflinchingly recognised as a girl by anyone and everyone just made his role that much harder to accept. Or that's what he'd like to think. In actuality he was blushing from the fact that they needed a girl to babysit, and wondered what sort of mayhem had been caused as a result.

'Jeans then, if I'm going to babysit him.' Nagisa thought to himself.

As Nagisa laid down his temporary bed in the living room, he reflected on the day. After the lunch, he had to be careful around Yuki, for he constantly disobeyed every one of his commands and kept flipping up Naisa's skirt. It was too tiring, and there's nothing more annoying than twelve year old boys flipping your skirt and acting more like a five year old in terms of maturity and views on gender roles. There was no time for Nagisa to do any housework for the Ikodai, so he decided to do it the 'morrow.

Onorada had been put to bed, and was currently reading on his own, with occasional disturbances for Nagisa, as he thumbled with a particularly difficult word. Nagisa was joining Yukiteru and Kasa in Kasa's room and the three of them were talking, Yukiteru's eyes were sometimes darting up Nagisa's leg, probably to get any sort of glimpse of any aspect of panties that he could. Nagisa, being the polite person that he was, said nothing. After a while, Nagisa tucked Onorada up, and told Hinata to go ad have a shower. Hinata complied with this request, and Kasa brought a few beers from the shop from the corner. Being friends with the owner had its own benefits, Nagisa could see how he could use his 'assets' to his advantage if ever he craved beer.

As he continued to drink more, the alcohol took affect on Nagisa, and he felt increasingly relaxed and drowsy. Eventually he clambered down the stairs, supported by Yukiteru and laid on the bed. Yukiteru was fighting hard to repress any urges he had.

'She probably has a boyfriend. I couldn't do that to her, it would be rape. It's illegal.' Yet as Nagisa's cute face fell into sleep and his chest rose in a steady pattern. He turned away from his beastly desires, and discovered a perhaps even more sickening compromise.

He regretted his thoughts, and climbed up the stairs to Kasa, where they chatted and talked for a while yet, before they both settled down for rest. None in the household knowing if anything would happen the next day. Indeed, they were resting peacefully and silently.