Chapter 9: Get Used To It!

Walking up the hill to the old campus of Kunigaogaka Junior High, Tokyo, on a gray, dreary, wet and cold Monday morning was the last thing Nagisa Shiota wanted to do. Much less so in skirt. Soaked to the bone and bored as hell, Nagisa opened his locker and stared at the contents. It was true  that he barely ever opened his locker, only when he needed a spare change of clothes, or a new book, but it was filled with much more than a blouse and a few tatty old books...

Piles and piles of letters un-neatly scattered all over each crack and crevice of the locker itself. But these weren't just your regular postcards or replies from old relatives, they were love letters. Each one slightly unique. Nagisa could tell some had been written by the same person, as they had the same handwriting or used the same sort of envelope.

Before the contents of his locker could spill out and engulf the entire old campus, Nagisa closed his locker and resolved to just stay soaked until he dried.

Koro-sensei's lessons were even more boring than usual. The novelty of his tentacles and octopus jokes had been worn out. Even English, Nagisa's favourite subject, seemed boring today. As it would later turn out, gym would be cancelled, prompting Nagisa to sigh in relief. 'No wolf-whistles today!' He thought. Instead the class would watch a movie. As it turned out it was Space Ninja 3. The SAME movie Koro-sensei had taken Nagisa and Karma to see in Hawaii. Quickly losing interest in it, Nagisa prompted himself to ponder as to the contents of the love letters. He supposed most of them were from his new fanclub who didn't yet know he was a guy. This fanclub was becoming more popular every day, which slightly worried Nagisa, as he already had someone he was in love with.

'That's it! I'll ask Yuuji-kun to read through them with me!' Turning behind him, he discovered that Yuuji was in fact sick today. 'Shit. Karma's gone to some sort of wedding today, and Kayano's got a doctors appointment. That means...' Nagisa turned around to see that Rio Nakamura was grinning tenaciously at him. Sweatdropping, Nagisa resigned himself to his fate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking home with both of them carrying two dozen love letters in their arms, they looked like an odd sight indeed. Nagisa's mum welcomed Rio into her home, before the two of them marched up to Nagisa's room.

"I must say Nagisa... Even for a girl, this room is awfully girly..." Rio remarked in a mocking tone.

"Well excuse me for having to pretend I'm a girl thus forcing myself to repaint and redecorate my room!" Nagisa responded tetchily.

Opening each letter up one at a time, they quickly realised that they mostly saw him or 'her' as an object they wished to conquer. Each one asked him or 'her' to meet at a certain point at a certain time. There was but one who wished such a thing and this one was signed "Maehara" the class playboy, who has next to no love experience. Not really wishing to reply to any of them Nagisa did nothing but recycle them. Nagisa's mother left for some sort of fancy dinner just a few minutes after that, she promised she would take Nagisa next time too. Feeling it rude not to offer his guest anything, Nagisa found himself cooking a light meal for the two of them.

"Wow Nagisa," Rio started, "You'd make a great wife!" 

Ignoring this, Nagisa turned the subject away from his 'hobby' towards a more interesting topic. Feeling it rude to linger, Rio left after the meal, and sauntered back home. However, as she was about to turn the corner, she called out: 

"Nagisa! Get used to this arrangement!" Before turning away again and making her way back towards her own house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, it was just as wet and windy, but as Nagisa wandered through the main building to make his way up the hill, he noticed many eyes had fallen on him. Most of them being the boys, many of which he could recognise and pair with the names signed on the love letters. Thinking nothing of it, he walked through the complex and up the hill, facing the wind and rain, he was soaked through again, today! As he opened his locker to find a dry set of clothes, he was engulfed by the amount of paper there.

'How can there be more than yesterday!' He thought sullenly.

"Hey. Nagisa. I told you to get used to it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter for my fanfiction! I felt that it wasn't fair that you guys had been waiting so long. I apologise yet again, but as I mentioned, I've been very sick. Thank you all for supporting me, and feel free to review this chapter!

I'm actually thinking of finishing this soon... Tell me how you would like to end, if you do want it to end...

This chapter was inspired by WattPad user OliviaWilborn5's chapter "Love Letters" please check her out!

https://www.wattpad.com/157570443-assassination-classroom-nagisa%27s-genderbend