Chapter 2: The Long Days

FLASHBACK

After Yuuji left the class to finish off the festival, and the festival itself, drew to a close, Nagisa was in shock. "Now I have to dress up as a girl... Oh god... Oh god..." he mumbled in the corner. Rio Nakamura and Karma Akabane came along and asked Nagisa what was up. A simple, "Nothing." Was given in response, but those two knew, as anyone would, that Nagisa was lying.

"Guys stop it! Ah ha ha ha!" "Not until you tell us what's up, Nagisa-chan" the two said in unison, tickling the helpless Nagisa into submission. Telling the two what happened was not easy for Nagisa, as it was those two, but it was either being tickled to death, or telling an embarrassing story, that they'd have to find out at sometime anyway. "Ah! So that's what happened!" Karma said in realisation. "Well, we'll have to get you a skirt then Na-gi-sa-chanI!" Nagisa had forgotten he was in fact wearing a skirt, it wasn't the best fit, but it would do if worst came worst, so to speak. "No Karma-kun, he needs, oh sorry, she needs the whole school uniform and recreational clothes!" Unsurprisingly, that afternoon was spent shopping. Nagisa had kept the clothes from the island, but only due to the fact he couldn't find a place to either give them back, or throw them away.

The first step was the school uniform. Grey blazer, White blouse, Knee-high black socks, brown slip-on shoes, black tie, and grey pleated skirt. Thankfully it stopped there before things got too intimate... But Nagisa was less than pleased. After buying countless skirts, shirts and shorts, Nagisa was ready to go home. Rio gave him the bags, and called for him to wear the skirt to school the next day.

Upon arriving home, Nagisa was bombarded with the statement, "Put your clothes on. Now." Instead, he put on the girls uniform and let his hair down, as he normally did at home. Hiromi, needless to say, was delighted that her little Nagisa was going to wear the girls uniform to school from then on. She didn't stop taking photos and asking questions about why and how. The response from Nagisa was simple, yet a lie. "I felt like it." was all he could stomach.

That night, on Facebook, as it turned out, Karma had created a group chat with everyone in the class, to explain Nagisa's predicament. The immediate outburst was the obvious 'lolololol' with the occasional 'send us a picture xD'. Unfazed by this, Nagisa turned out the light and went to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END FLASHBACK

So here he was, the very next day looking at his new uniform. The skirt was alien to him, he had to try three times before he finally succeeded on the fourth. The blouse buttoned up all wrong, and he again got it wrong two times before mastering it on the third. The knee-high socks and shoes were fine, and the tie and the blazer he was used to, but Nagisa had to say, looking at him in the mirror, he looked totally unrecognisable as the original Nagisa.

Going downstairs with a mixed feeling of exhaustion and dread, he saw his mother smile out of the corner of his eye, before hurrying breakfast and setting off for school. He wasn't used to having bare legs so he used his satchel to cover them up, by holding the straps around the top of his thighs. He passed his former classmates who undoubtedly laughed as soon as they were out of ear-shot, but Nagisa couldn't let his hair down, for Yuuji wouldn't be able to recognise him, nor would any of his classmates. So as he ascended up the mountain, he found a terrified Yuuji staring into the classroom, fearfully, in the Kunogigaoka Junior High uniform. Oh. right. Koro-sensei.

A quick introduction, and explanation found a shocked yet understanding Yuuji upon the whole assassination thing. The only seats remaining were on either side of Karma, at the back of the classroom. The great extortionist quickly made no time in selling Yuuji the photos he took on the island, of Nagisa, much to Nagisa's dismay. Not only this, but Yuuji came up to Nagisa at lunch and asked him out on a date. "Well- I*- I have plans that weekend..." Nagisa said, with a blush. "Oh, alright, how about on Friday night then?" Yuuji replied, determined not to give up. "Nagisa, seeing this replied with a hasty "Yes!" 'God I hate myself.' "Wow Nagisa, you really could pass as a girl. With the way you blush and act, it must almost be like second nature!" Yet Nagisa was not listening. Only dreading. Dreading that upcoming Friday night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. I'm sorta out of ideas, so if anyone wants to chip in, I'd appreciate it, I guess...   .-.

* Nagisa uses the boy form of 'I' (Boku) accidentally before correcting himself and using the much girlier form of 'I' (Watashi).

'-Sensei' = Teacher/Master of the arts 

Girl TimeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara