Chapter Seven

Elisabeth's POV

I opened my eyes as the sun beamed through the bedroom window. I hardly slept at all last night. I felt as if I would break down crying every few minutes. Thoughts of my family kept flooding my mind, I can only imagine the pain they are going through. I never envisioned myself getting ripped away from them like this.

I found out late last that the man's name is Liam. I refused to sleep in the same bed as him. However, he threatened that if I didn't, I wouldn't see Kelsey today, so I forced myself to agree. For the most part, resting next to him was fine. Somehow he managed to sleep through the entire night, only waking up to pull me closer. As soon as he would fall back to sleep, I would pry his arms off my body to separate us.

I looked over at Liam, gazing at him as he slept. He looked kinder in his sleep. Almost like a child, I couldn't help but wonder if he wasn't all bad. Maybe somewhere inside of him, he's actually a gentle guy. Hesitatingly, I tapped him on the shoulders, trying to softly wake him. I watched as his eyes slowly opened. He looked over at me, plastering a smile on his face, "Good morning beautiful," he spoke in a rasping tone. I didn't pay much thought to his greeting. All I wanted was to see Kelsey. "You said if I slept next to you, I could see Kelsey today, so take me to her." I told him firmly. He sat up, stretching his arms as he let out a loud yawn. My eyes followed him as he walked into a bathroom closing the door behind him. I sprung on my feet, stepping towards the bathroom door. "You told me I could see her!" I shouted while banging on the door.

Liam opened the door. He stood facing me as he brushed his teeth. I waited eagerly for him to finish. "You'll see her in a few minutes, I need to take care of some things. I'll be gone for a couple of hours. I'll have someone bring you and her some supplies and clothes. When I get home, you're coming back in this room with me, so use your time together wisely." he warned. Liam walked over to the dresser choosing a white t-shirt with black jeans. He swiftly got dressed before walking up to me. "You can go wherever you want in this house. But do not try to step a foot outside. My guards will call me if you try anything, and I will deal with you myself." he stated firmly before leaning down to place a kiss on my forehead, "Come on, I'll take you to your friend."

I followed him as he led the way downstairs. We passed by a group of men watching an action movie in the living room, but none acknowledged us. I wondered why there were so many people in this house. They can't possibly all work for Liam. We stopped in front of a brown double door, "She's in the room," he spoke, "Remember, don't try anything absurd." He leaned in once again, planting a kiss on the top of my head before walking away.

I began fiddling with the strange locks, it took me a while, but I was eventually able to get it open. Kelsey was lying on a bed with red flannel sheets. When she noticed me, she jumped on her feet, running to hug me. "I'm so glad you're okay," I beamed. I closed the door shut and grabbed her by the hand, pulling her to sit on the bed. "We need to talk," I blurted, "Last night, I asked that guy why he and his friends took us here. He didn't say much, only that I'm apparently meant to be his, and if I want to keep you safe, I need to do everything he expects." Kelsey's eyes went round. "I overheard two people talking outside my door today. Apparently, that same guy had a girlfriend named Angela. They discussed something about him sending her off to some home so you could be here." she informed me.

I was taken back at what Kelsey just told me. I can't wrap my head around the thought of someone kicking their girlfriend out of their shared home to bring someone else in. Not to mention, Kelsey and I didn't voluntarily decide to come here. "Something about this isn't right, we need to come up with a well thought out plan on how to get out of here." I said with determination. Kelsey's face became clouded by fear, "You saw what happened last time. Besides, just take a peek out that window. I don't know who this man is, but he has men everywhere."I walked over to an elegant looking window on the right side of the room. She was right. Men were surrounding the patio door and fence. I turned back around, taking a moment to collect my thoughts. If we were going to make a plan, we needed to think smart. I began brainstorming silently while Kelsey blankly stared out the window.