Chapter Six

Elisabeth's POV

I awakened to the sound of Kelsey weeping. As I sat up, my head started pulsating, yet I had no pain. "Thank god you're awake," Kelsey grinned as she wrapped her arms around me. I examined the room, not recognizing anything. "Where are we?" I asked in a casual tone. Kelsey gave me a wanly look, "You don't remember, do you." I stared at the wall behind her head, frantically trying to recall our previous events. "I remember us being in my car," I softly uttered, "I think we drove to a trail." I glanced up at Kelsey. She gave me a thin smile as she nodded her head, "Yeah, that's right. Do you recall anything else?" I closed my eyes, trying to retain my memory. "We were walking. I think we got lost. We saw some bears and.."

Flashes of my memory hit me all at once, "I remember now." I looked up at Kelsey as my eyes grew wide. "This can't be happening. It must b-be a prank." I faltered. I stood up, scanning the room for a way out. The moment my eyes noticed a door, I made my way to try and pry it open. "Fuck!" I shouted as I shook the door handle.
"Elisabeth, I already tried that," Kelsey spoke, "And they were wolves, not bears." I turned to face her with an unblinking look, "Oh, I'm sorry, because that's certainly what's important right now!"

She stayed silent. I know she must be just as fearful as I am. "Hear me out, what if we pound on the door as loud as we can until someone opens it. The moment they do, we fight our way out." I proposed. Kelsey didn't look too convinced at my plan, but she agreed. She stood up, stepping towards the door, "Let's do this."
We both pounded on the door with everything we had in us. As time passed, we tried our best to bang harder. My arms soon grew weak, but I had no intention of giving up. Not too long after, we heard the sound of a lock beginning to move. Kelsey and I glanced over at each other. I reached my trembling hand out, grabbing hers.

The door opened, unveiling the same black-haired man we met at the park. I recognized him as being the last face I saw before blacking out. He opened his mouth to speak, but we didn't give him a chance. I swiftly kicked in between his legs forcing him to bend in pain. Kelsey and I pushed past him making a run for it. As we sped down the stairs, The man began yelling out a few names.

When we reached the first floor, everything was pitch black. Thankfully this didn't stop us from finding the front door. Kelsey reached for the handle. "It's locked," She whispered. I turned around, scanning for a new way out. Spotting a glass door in the kitchen, I pulled Kelsey towards our new way out. "We're breaking that glass," I panted. As we reached the kitchen, It became clear by the upstairs footsteps that our time was running out. Kelsey picked up a barstool aiming it at the glass door. We both turned our heads away as the glass shattered. "Good idea," she whispered hapily. I watched as she stepped through the empty frame. I lifted my right leg, preparing to follow her when I felt a strong pull on my shirt's back, forcing me to fall on the cold floor.

The lights flicked on, causing me to squint in pain. "She's a fighter, I like that." an older scruffy man spoke. I watched as his eyes shifted behind me. Before I could look back, I felt a hand pull me up by my hair. "What the hell made you assume that you could get away with something like that!" a dark voice boomed from behind me. I let out a squeal as he tightened his grip, "I asked you a question!" I squeezed my eyes shut, allowing the tears to fall freely. "Don't you dare touch her!" Kelsey screamed out. I opened my eyes to look at her. Two men had her pinned to the floor as terror overtook her face. The same voice spoke again, "Put her in one of the extra rooms. I want an eye kept on her at all times!" I shuddered as he put his lips against my ear, "You're coming with me."

The man pulled me by my hair as we walked to what I can only assume will be another bedroom. "Please stop, I can walk without you hurting me." I pleaded. My scalp was beginning to grow sore. I bit my lower lip, trying to manage the pain. I watched as he swung open a bedroom door before shoving me in. I jumped as the door slammed shut behind me. Thinking that he was gone, I took a seat on the bed's edge. My eyes widened at the sight of him, standing in front of the door. "Stand up," he ordered through clenched teeth. I complied, quickly getting on my feet. As I stood, I didn't dare to make eye contact. I feared it might make him more irritated. "What made you and your little friend think that you both could get away with that?" he fumed. I stood speechless, trying to piece together a proper response. "I asked you a question. The least you can do is look at me!" He roared angrily. I lifted my chin, trying my best to hold the tears back, "It wasn't her idea," I trembled, "Please don't hurt her."

I observed his eyes while he gradually walked towards me. They were a brownish-yellow color. I've never seen a pair of eyes like his. He soon stood directly in front of me, pushing a piece of my hair behind my shoulders before cupping my face. "Obey my rules, and your friend will stay unharmed. Do we have a deal?" he questioned. I shook my head in agreement; it's not like I had an alternative. It's my fault that Kelsey and I are in this position. The least I can do is keep her safe.

The corner of his mouth quirked up, "Good girl." I watched as he backed away, moving towards a black dresser on the room's far-right. "Take those clothes off." he ordered as he rummaged through a drawer. I cringed at his request, "I'm not taking shit off." He spun around, throwing an oversized t-shirt towards me. "I'll turn around if it helps, but I'm not going to allow you to sleep in those filthy clothes." he spoke roughly. I waited for him to face the other way before taking off my clothes. The t-shirt he gave me must have been five times larger than my actual size.

After I got dressed, I stood there awkwardly. This shirt makes me look like a clown. "Do you have anything smaller?" I asked. He turned back around, gazing at my body like a creep. "That's the smallest shirt I have," he answered with a controlled smile, "Don't worry, you look charming in my clothes." I rolled my eyes in response, "There are at least ten other people in this house, can you ask them?" He slammed the drawer dresser shut, making me jump. "I told you no," he snapped, "You're not going to sleep in my bed with another man's shirt." With no warning, he pulled his shirt over his head, taking it off. He made eye contact as he placed the shirt on a chair next to him. I couldn't help but stare at his toned stomach. How does someone even get abs like that? He continued to undress as he kicked off his jeans, leaving him in just a pair of black boxers. "A warning would have been appreciated," I remarked. He laughed as he walked up to me, "If you wanted to look away, you would have."

"What could someone like you possibly want with a girl like me?" I spoke truthfully, "Do you traffic girls?" His expression hardened, "I'm not a coward, why would you ever imply such nonsense." he scolded. My eyes narrowed at his response, "In case you forgot, you and your friends abducted my friend and I. I say that makes you more than a coward." I spoke with simple directness. His jaw tightened. I attempted to take a step back, but he grabbed each side of my arms, pulling me to his chest. I felt his breath come down on my temples as he spoke, "Look at me."

I glanced up; his eyes were no longer brownish-yellow but pitch black. Thinking my eyes were mistaken, I blinked rapidly. Still, they remained black. "I'm going to say this more than once," he snarled, "I don't give two shits about your friend. The only reason she's here is because of you. From this moment and until your last breath you're mine, and you will act accordingly. I'm not going to stand here and let you treat me with such disrespect. Remember, we have a deal. Either you do as I say and keep your bold comments to yourself, or your friend is finished." Tears filled my eyes once again. "Why me?" I croaked softly. He raised his hand, running his fingers through my hair, "You're meant to be mine, you'll understand that eventually."

A piece of me feels relieved knowing that I'm semi-safe, but I can't help but think that I would be better off dead. I don't understand what this man expects of me. Not to mention, he stole me away from my own life. There is no way in hell I'm going to allow him to control me. I'll find us a way out even if it kills me.