Chapter Four

Liam's POV

I pulled my mate close to my chest, slowly picking her up from the cold ground. As our skin made contact, I was rushed with an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and warmth. I couldn't help but beam with glee in response. Holding her in my arms made me never want to let her go.

It was a challenge fitting everyone in the car, but we were able to make it work. I looked back, a few of my men were seated on the car floor. They didn't look pleased, but it was either this or making a second trip. I looked over at Elisabeth, her head was leaned against the car window. She's so fucking beautiful; I can only hope that she won't make things too challenging for herself when she awakens. Samuel took the liberty of calling our pilot to let him know that we need him to be here by tonight. I looked over at Ryan; I could tell that he's concerned for Angela. "Hey," I spoke, "I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of this." Ryan let out a sarcastic laugh, "Fuck you. My sister has been nothing but good to you, yet this is how you repay her." He's right. Angela has been there for me since the beginning. We swore to never stray away from each other. Still, if I had known what simply holding my mate felt like, I would have never considered loving another woman. Yes, Angela is incredible, but she's not Elisabeth, and she never will be. She can never truly satisfy me like my mate can. "When are you going to tell her the truth? She lives with you for fucks sake." Ryan probed. " I will call the Mercury Row home tonight to make other living arrangements for her." I replied, "When it comes to telling her the truth, I have no other option besides telling her tomorrow in person." Ryan stayed silent. I understand that this situation worries him. Angela is not the kind to take critical news well.

No one spoke for the rest of the drive back. When we arrived at my grandparent's house, I instructed everyone to quickly gather their belongings. As we opened the door, we were greeted by my grandparents. "There they are" My grandma smiled, "We made you all spaghetti. You boys must be famished!" I turned to my pack, directing them upstairs to begin their packing. "Actually, we all must be on our way. There's an emergency back on the island. We've scheduled a flight for tonight." I spoke. I could see the sadness on her sweet aged face. "Is everything okay?" My grandpa nervously asked. "Yes, everything will be fine. Its nothing too severe." I assured. "Good, we'll leave you to pack. Let us know when you're about to leave." He replied. I gave them a small grin before heading towards the stairs. I feel guilty for lying, but I have no choice. If I told them the truth, God only knows how they'll respond. I began gathering my belongings hastily. Thankfully I never pack much when I come down, just the essentials. I zipped my luggage up before walking down the hallway. "Is everyone ready to go!" I shouted out. My men shortly came out with their bags. "I think we're all set," Samuel replied. We all proceeded downstairs to say our goodbyes. As we walked out the door, my grandmother yelled out, "You better bring that girl of yours next year!" I gave her a smile in response, if only she knew.