4

Present time
The sun pierced through Kaylee's eyelids, the rays of the sun warmed every inch of her. She could hear Logan's deep laugh as she sat up and slowly opened her eyes.
"Morning sleepyhead" Logan chirped.
She smiled at him and said "why are you so happy?"
"Am I not allowed to be happy?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"Of course not!" She joked.
"Well I'm going to go get food at the village over that hill. Are you coming or are you just going to banter all day?" Zorander chipped in.
"We're coming, we're coming!" Logan said while he got up to pack his bag. Kaylee mimicked his actions and soon they were off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Logan brushed up against Kaylee's side as they walked. She tried to act like he didn't affect her, but her cheeks turned a rosy red. He smirked to himself on how he could do that to her. Luckily Zorander was walking in front of them so they didn't have to worry about being caught together.
"I really want to kiss you right now" he whispered in her ear letting his lips leave a small kiss on her earlobe. He felt her shiver under his touch.
It didn't take long for her to regain her composure before she playfully punched his bicep. Logan grabbed his bicep and pretended that she actually hurt him.
"Haha. You're so funny" she teasingly mocked.
"Thank you for noticing! I deserve some recognition for my talent"
All Kaylee did was roll her eyes at him. She didn't know how much longer she would be able to keep this facade up. For over three years they've had to hide their relationship not only to the world, but to the people they are closest to. It was for good reason though. If his family ever found out she was putting Logan's life at risk every time she even went near him they would never talk to her again. She could barely even look at herself in the mirror. Kaylee glanced at Logan from the corner of her eye. She needed to find a way to control herself or at least a way for her to be with him, it couldn't be that hard. Except for the fact no confessor before her has ever found a way to be with someone who wasn't bound to them. She could see the village in full view now and decided against sorting through these thoughts at the moment. Later she told herself she would take time to figure it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys liked this chapter! I know it's not long, but I hope it was still enjoyable!