Chapter 2 - Departure

I do NOT own Naruto. It is owned by Masashi Kimimoto. I only own Heiwa Uzumaki and Shinrei Uchiha, who are OCs of mine. Thank you!

~Timeskips, POV changes, etc.~

"Talking."

Thoughts.

'Tailed beasts talking to their Jinchuuriki , or other Jinchuuriki, in the mindscape.'

'Jinchuuriki talking to their tailed beasts, or other Jinchuuriki, in the mindscape.'

"Tailed beasts talking outside of the mindscape, or talking through their Jinchuuriki."

"Other Jinchuuriki talking in the mindscape."

(Quick A/N made while I was writing)

"Jinchuuriki talking with their tailed beast's voice mixed with theirs."

Tailed beasts'/demon's thoughts

----------------------------

~Naruto's POV~

I hugged Menma one last time, then grabbed the bag I had packed. Tonight was the night, the night that Heiwa, Hinata and I would leave the Hidden Leaf Village. Heiwa was probably waiting in a clearing we found last month. I put the backpack on, then jumped out my window. I went to the Hyuuga Compound, where I found Hinata with a bag slung over her right shoulder. I took her hand, then we jumped across roofs and over the wall. Sure enough, Heiwa was waiting for us.

"You set 'em up?" she asked.

"Yup!" I replied.

"Alright. Then they should realize we're gone soon." Heiwa said.

"Let's go then," Hinata told us. She had lost her shyness and stuttering, or at least most of it since I told her about the plan to leave.

Heiwa and I nodded, then we jumped into the trees.

~Minato's POV~ (OHR MER GERSH! MINATO'S POV! This won't happen often)

The alarms sounded and I looked out the window in my office. Naruto, Heiwa, and Hinata had left the village. I had just sent out a squad of ANBU to search for them. So far, nothing has been found.

Just then, an ANBU came into my office.

"The three runaways have been found," he told me.

I nodded, then used Hashirin to teleport me to the gates where I saw my son, my niece, and the Hyuuga heir. There was also a large crowd gathered. I walked up to Heiwa. She glared at me defiantly.

"Why are you leaving?" I asked. "Please, come back to us..."

"Naruto is my cousin. He's beaten by the villagers and I'm the only one who's to heal him and take care of him. Menma does what he can, though it isn't much." Heiwa told me.

"What? Do you mean you believe his nonsense?!" Mito exclaimed from behind me.

Heiwa disappeared, only to appear behind Mito, a kunai at her neck.

"Yes, and I've seen it too," Heiwa replied menacingly. "One time, four years ago, on Naruto's birthday, he was stabbed in the eye. Now, I killed the person who did it, Yuuki told me to do it in all honesty, but I want revenge on this village as much as he does. But since Naruto doesn't want that to happen, I'll respect his wishes, since I respect him.

"But don't think that I forgive you all for what you've done to him." the redhead said, taking the kunai away from Mito's neck and standing straight. "Now, don't you want to say something, Mito...?"

Mito swallowed hard, before stepping forward and facing her older brother. "I hated you," she said. "Kaa-chan and Tou-san always let you do what you want, while Naruko and I had to stay and follow their orders. Then, when you came home injured and said those things about the villagers, I laughed and said it was nonsense. Because that's just what it is, a nonsensical lie."

At that, Naruto started to chuckle. Then, it turned into a full-on laugh, and let me say that it confused and terrified almost everyone. When he calmed down, the blonde spoke.

"So... you're jealous that I got to do what I wanted?" Naruto asked. "Well think again. Every time I went outside, I was chased, cornered, and beaten. Heck, I could've gone blind if I didn't have Heiwa! Whenever she was gone, you bullied me Mito. You and Naruko, along with Minato and Kushina. What kind of family does that, beats their oldest brother or son? Mine does.

"And guess what. I hate you too." he continued. "For everything that you did to me, for neglecting me, for saying you wanted me to die." He takes out a kunai, then hands it to Mito. "Well? What are you waiting for? Kill me, the demon brat. Become a hero for actually doing something. Or is the so-call Child of Prophecy too scared?"

With that, Naruto grabbed Mito's hand that had the kunai in it, then stabbed himself. "There. Now everyone should be happy," he stated.

I looked around to see all but two people's face frozen in terror. The two people? Heiwa and Hinata. They were smirking, as was Naruto. Heiwa and Naruto poofed into white clouds.

"I see they've undone their clones." Hinata sighed. "Guess I should too. Oh, and don't look for us. We're already long gone."

With that, she poofed too. Immediately, I summoned all available Jonin and ANBU to Hokage Tower's roof. I gave out the order to search for the three runaways. I went down to my office and sat down in my chair. I sighed.

What have I done? I thought. Now Naruto is gone, along with Heiwa and Hinata. Not to mention, Naruto and Heiwa are vessels for demons.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I said aloud.

~Meanwhile with the runaways, No POV~

The three had just arrived in the desert. They had escaped! Adrenaline was rushing through their veins as they exchanged excited glances. Smiles formed on their faces. Heiwa punched the air.

"Now to find Gaara, Shukaku's Jinchuuriki!" she exclaimed. Then, the three ex-Konoha citizens set of to Sunagakure, the Village Hidden in the Sand.

I wonder how this will go... the two demons thought within their vessels.

The three runaways took a deep breath as the sunset and a loud roar was heard.

(Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter. The next one will be longer, I promise!)