Chapter 14 - Moving On

(I'm not putting all the regular stuff here. 'Cause I think you guys get the gist of it by now. On to the FanFic. Oh, and it's been six months since the previous chapter.)

------------------

~Mepuru's POV~

I stared at the ground of me and Majikku's shared tent. It had been a few months since the bandit attack, and two weeks since the Akatsuki attacked us and took almost all of the Jinchuuriki. Naruto, Gaara, and B were the only ones left, though Gaara had Shukaku extracted from him. I was able to save him with my jutsu, but that was all I could do. Sure, I treated the wounded, but that was all the help I was. Last night, Majikku told me that I was important and that I did more than her, but she was able to fight, able to try and protect them.

I sighed and stood, then left my tent. I saw Majikku staring at the unlit fire. Sasuke was pacing behind her, worried about Itachi, who had gone to the Akatsuki as their undercover agent. Heiwa, Kakashi and Ai were discussing something in hushed voices. Gaara was probably in his tent with his siblings. B was trying to chill, but was obviously unnerved by the whole ordeal. Naruto, Naruko, Hinata and Menma were conversing quietly, but not as secretive as Heiwa, Kakashi and Ai. Zabuza was silent, but listening to Heiwa, Kakashi and Ai's conversation intently, probably still grieving over the loss of Haku. Jiraiya and Tsunade had left already, probably on their separate ways. While he was here Jiraiya had taught Naruto the rasengan and Kakashi taught chidori to Sasuke.

"Hey guys!" Heiwa said, attracting my attention. "We've been talking and we decided that we need to get back on the road."

"Where are we going?" Naruto asked.

"Uzugakure." Ai told them.

"Really?" Naruko asked. "How are we going to get there?"

"This." Heiwa told them, pulling a map out of her bag. "Kushina gave it to me. It shows where the old ruins are."

"Let's get packed up." Majikku sighed, standing from where she was sitting.

"It's a few days' journey." Kakashi told the group as everyone started to get tents packed up. "Hope you guys are ready."

"Of course!" several people insisted. Though, I could only think of how this could turn bad. Guess that's my pessimism kicking in.

--------

Short, I know. XD But we're getting close to the end! That's good. Next chapter will probably be the last, then there will be an Epilogue.