PART ONE

Hola guys,
Happy Reading <3
---
Manik was walking restlessly outside his bedroom. His breath was stuck. He was worried. He was scared. He was TERRIFIED!
"Manik! Just calm down okay?" Cabir said trying to calm the most restless and impatient soul at that time , down.
"What all down Cabir? Cant you see? From last one hour the doctor is checking her and She.. "
Before Manik could complete his sentence the doctor approached them and called Manik inside.
Manik rushed inside, sat beside Nandini , who was sleeping on the bed, and held her hand. He kissed the back side of her hand and then the nuckles.
--
He had called the Doctor and Cabir after the terrible incident that just took place some time ago. After she fell unconsious on the floor, he broke the door of the washroom with his all time strongness and barged in to witness a heart-breaking scene. His life, his love, his Nandini, was lying on the floor lifelessly. He hurried and picked her up in his arms. Placing her on the bed, he tried to wake her up, but all in vain. Except breathing; thankgod, she showed no movement in particular. He called the doctor immediately ; and Cabir , as well. The doctor reached just after a minute to what cabir did. She asked Manik about the events and he detailed them all to her. He also added that she is 'pregnant', 11 days!
The professionalised doctor asked the worried men duo to wait outside the room till she checks on the unconscious lady.
--
"Mr. Malhotra, umm.. after holding her check up.." Manik looked at her with pleading eyes.
"Dont worry Mr. Malhotra! Its all alright.. Just listen to me carefully " she comforted him.
He sighed on the word alright but again grew curious on the latter part of what she said, depramanding her urge to calm him down.
She continued ..
"Mr. Malhotra , its a case of hysterics disorder. But that even isn't something so small. It's in the second stage. Mr Malhotra, please! Dont worry, She is not imbecile. What i want to say is that there is a thin line between being hystericised and imbecile, and , she hasn't crossed that line, and will not cross am sure. Presently, am not being cocky, but its what I think. She will be cured soon. All this is normal during pregnancy. Anyways, its just the start .. You ought to bear more careful and.. "
"Doctor , are you sure?.. I mean no need to worry and all? .. duh?" asked the over concerned, over possessive and over protective husband.
"No..no! Mr. Malhotra. Nothing of that sort. All good. Just make sure she takes proper rest, intakes a proper balanced diet, consumes all the healthy and necessary items; and is loved and cared about! And the most important - not to forget advice : make sure she takes medicines on time and in the prescribed amount. Little less or more in the medicine amount can harm her and even the baby. She needs love and tender care. Make sure you provide her all of the happiness. That's all. Take good care of her and ping me for any queries." the doctor smiled, and handing over the prescription to Manik, left.
He sighed seeing her, kissed her forehead, and covered her with the duvet properly and sat next to her covered in the duvet himself too, embraced her in his arms comfortably and muttered
"Nandu You'll be okaye soon. She said na.. This is all common in pregnancy." He paused for sometime, admiring her and then pecking her he lovingly spoke "Get well soon honey! I love you very much! "
Nandini smiled in her sleep feeling his feather like peck on her forehead, removing her frowns. He kept admiring her.
He couldn't sleep.
He was not getting even a single-slight measure of sleeping.
Suddenly , the curve of her lips that was blissfully up in a smile, fell down. There, came frowns on her small forehead and she started writhing in his embrace, perspiring!. He was confused along with being worried.
'Did she see a nightmare?
Did she just have a bad dream?
Is she feeling unwell?
Is she okay?
What happened?'..
Her restlessness increased.
She started breathing heavily and sweating badly. Manik got up and
"Nandini! Wake up! What happened? Nandu! Get up! What is it?" He started tapping and cupping her face asking her to get up.
She got up abruptly and shouted his name. "Manikk.."
"Nandini. I Am here only.. what happened?" he said hugging her petite and highly frightened and afraid frame. She started crying snuggling in his arms, holding the collars of his shirt tightly .. "Manik.. That shadow.. it came again.. nightmare .. It will snatch my life. It said.. It will! Manik.. It was yukky and it will.. Manik." He was shocked.
What the devil was going on with her?
He was hell worried.
"Nandini.. Hold on. Take this. First, Have some water !" she gulped down the liquid he offered in one go.
He embraced her in his arms. They stayed in each others arms for long and slowly, she became calm. When he sensed her comfort, he spoke
"Are you now feeling a bit relaxed? Hmm? " she nodded her head positively. " Now tell me. What's up. First washroom and now this. I am not able to understand.. any kind of stress? Anything bothering you? Please baby! Tell me? hmm? Tabhi , i can help you na!"
She said blankly " I don't know Manik. There is this constant fear. It said that it will snatch my life..away Fr..f..from me.. Manik I'll die if it tries to harm you or our baby. I lo..love you both..I can't live.. Manii!!" Her eyes again started flooding at the end of her sentence.
"shh..shhhush..shh..! Don't cry. I love you too and nothing will happen. I will never leave you. Or baby, she loves her mumma boht saara na! I will not let our princess go anywhere. Do you trust me? " She instantly nodded her head up and down. " Thats it then. All is going to be okay. We will be together forever!" He said lovingly with all the love he had for her. She indeed was getting comforted by this. Manik joined their foreheads, placed the hair tresses that started to cover her face behind her ear and cupped her face. He made her lie down on the bed, covered her with blanket and asked her to rest.
Nandini well asleep soon. All this made her tired and was taking a toll on her.
Without breaking her slumber, he kissed her eyes, one by one, removed her hair strands from her face tucking them on the side, and admired his princess. He took her in his embrace and lied down. Sleep, again was far away from him. He couldn't sleep, yet again. His Nandini was not okay, so, how the freak can he sleep?
He just kept looking at her beautiful face while thinking of a solution.
He has always protected her, in every way possible.
Even a small piece of dust had to tackle with him, before getting to Nandini.
He took care of her like a royal princess, his princess, the prince's princess. And here today they were, she in pain and fear of losing everything and him, doing nothing, just looking at the time passing ,the clock ticking, her smile and frowns disappearing, and the sun sinking in the arms of the horizon from where then, the moon will arise and the stars will shine, bright!
Suddenly he was disturbed by some sound. The sound of something falling, which probably came from outside, from .. the balcony?
---