Chapter 7

The next morning I woke up to the rain banging across my window. The wind was going so fast, I knew there was no chance I was stepping out of my apartment - unless of course I felt like being swept away by the wind. Then I remembered I had to collect my car and take it to the mechanics. So I got out my bed, much to my displeasure and pulled back my curtains. However I got a huge shock when I saw my car was already standing downstairs. I wondered how it got there. Unless it was Carlos...
Cara was away to work. She did say she would take a day off and spend time with me, just to get my mind off my dad. But I just wanted to be left alone. I love Cara so much. She's truly the best person in my life. In fact the only person left in my life who I trust. We're practically sisters.
I grabbed a pot noodle and sat in my living room aimlessly flicking through the channels. Just then the door bell went. Who could that be? I walked up to the door and looked through the hole. Ugh! "What do you want?", I shouted through the door. "Hmm let me see...I want you to open the door like any civilised person does when a friend comes to the door," the person said. "Haha, friends? I wouldn't use that term to describe our relationship," I said. "Awh it's a shame you don't consider me a friend. Considering I brought you your car and all" he said. Yes people, as you probably already guessed, Mr 'pain in my ass' Santos was here. "Listen Carlos, just go away and leave me alone. Don't come back another day",I said. "No can do princess. Oh and nice drinking yesterday. I actually took you for a light weight," he laughed. "Well you don't know me as much as you like to think you do," I said. "Trust me Ariana, I know more than you wish me to know, if not more than you know yourself," he said. I could tell he said that with his signature smirk. "Because what you just said is not creepy," I said. "Well are we gonna stand here all day or you gonna open the door princess," he said. "Neither, I'm gonna walk away and pretend you never came to the door," I said. "Listen princess, you either open the door or I knock it down. Choice is yours. Just for advice I wouldn't doubt the latter," he said. I hate his guts so much. Unwillingly I opened the door. But damn was he looking sexy from head to toe. He had a black top, with a black zipper on top and jeans. His hair was looking so soft and shiny I really had the urge to reach out. "You can close your mouth now Ari. I know I'm hot," he said as he put his finger under my chin and pushed it up to close my mouth. The feel of his touch was giving me these weird feelings. Ugh, I hated him. "You are one egoistical, over confident asshole," I said. " nice to hear Ari. Now go and make me something to eat," he said. Just then I bust out laughing. "You really think I'm gonna make you something to eat," I asked. "Yeah Ari, you are," he said so smugly. "I came and sat on the sofa opposite him. I crossed my legs and stared at him. 10 whole never ending minutes later I broke the silence. "Are you gonna say something?" I said. "No I'm just waiting for you to make me something to eat," he said. He wasn't giving up was he. Just then an idea popped in my head. "Okay Carlos you win. I'm gonna make you something to eat," I said and walked away. "Just what I thought, " he shouted from the sitting room as I entered the kitchen. I boiled the pasta. I then pulled out the ingredients for the sauce. I was gonna add extra extra spices and chillies into this. Specially for my dear Carlos. Once it was ready I grabbed a plate and set it on the table. I then called him. "Carlos, lunch is served," I said so sweetly it made me want to puke. "Nice service Ari," he said as he walked in. He sat down and grabbed the fork. He picked up a pasta and was so close to burning to death of my spicetastic cooking, when he stopped and looked at me. "Why don't you join me Ari," he said. Oh God, what was I gonna do now! Just play it cool, you can do this Ariana. "I'm not actually hungry, so you just munch alone," I said. Seriously 'munch'. I was about to walk away when his hand grabbed onto my arm and pulled me back. With one foot he kicked the chair out and pushed me onto the seat. All in one swift move. "It would be rude for me to not share my food with the amazing chef who cooked this," he said. Damn, was I trying to keep the blush from crawling up my face. I just gave him a nervous laugh. He then digged the fork into the pasta and slowly but surely moved the fork towards my mouth. I had no other option but to open my mouth. Once the pasta was in my mouth I slowly closed my mouth and started chewing. It was killing me. But I kept my cool and continued to chew with an emotionless face. God knows how I did that. He then put another one in my mouth. By now my eyes were watering up. And Carlos just stared at me as I chewed the pasta. "Ehm, why don't you try some now," I said. "Yeah sure, just take one more," he said. I hated him so much right now. Have I mentioned this fact before. I couldn't do it. My tastebuds had all disintegrated. I ran to the sink and put the tap on and put my mouth directly under the tap. The cooling water felt amazing, but even then the spice was not dying down. Carlos mean while was laughing and laughing and laughing... How dare he laugh." Awe is little Ari's mouth on fire," he asked. "No dearest asshole, a fountain of sugar is shooting out my mouth," I said with such anger. "What did you think Ari. I know what you did with the spice. And the funny thing was I stood at the kitchen door watching you do it, and yet you still didn't realise I was there," he said with a smirk. I just gave him a real dirty look. My mouth was showing no signs of cooling. Wow, how much spice did I put in.
Just then Carlos put his hands on my waist and turned me around. Woah! "What are you..." I was about to say when he put his finger on my lips to silence me. He came so dangerously close to me I could feel his breath on my lips. "Listen to me. I came here for a reason. Don't get comfy with me. I noticed you seem to have forgotten why I'm in your life in the first place. Last night I came for one reason only. Not do condole you for the loss of your father. And if you haven't already noticed it was for your fathers letter that I came. And just so you also know I've burnt it. Of course after I read it. So you'll never know what you're poor old father had to say. Of course you will probably find out soon enough. But I can't let you find out right now, otherwise it would just fuck my plans of how I'm going to kill you. Trust me Ari when I plan to kill I never take my words back. And you my dearest Ari is on top of the list of people who need to fuck off from this world without a trace," he left my waist and was about to walk out when he stopped and said, "and next time you might want to calm down on the spice otherwise I will chop of the hand that added spice to my food. Bye Ari, enjoy the rest of your pasta," and with that he walked out. I was scared. Nope, scared was actually and understatement. Cara told me to stay away, he's bad news. But yet every time I meet him I can't help but feel a pull towards him. Seriously, I had to get my sanity in check. I was starting to fall for the man who wanted me dead. I needed to stay away from him like Cara said. He's too dangerous. I was so stupid as well to not read that letter straight away. Perhaps it's time I do my own investigation into why he wants me dead. There's got to be something I can find out. But what?