Chapter 3

It was the weekend. And here I was chilling on my sofa as I watched tv and eat like a pig. I've not had a day like this in a long time. Cara just walked out of her room as she had just woken up at 3pm. Yeah, when Cara says she's gonna have a long lie she takes full advantage of that statement. Currently she just walked over to the the other couch and lay down again. Well that's Cara for you. "Well I guess sleeping beauty is still sleepy," I joked. "Shut up Ariana," she said chucking a cushion at me. I managed to dodge out the way. I just laughed. "We should totally just order a take out tonight and just have a movie night," I said. "I have a better idea. How about we start this movie night right now," she said. I was totally up for it. "That's exactly what we shall do. Order the food. Get the munchies. And let's get started," is said.
It was currently 9 pm. And we were still watching movies. We just went through any good horror movies on Netflix. "Well Cara, I'm bored," I said. "And?", Cara asked. "I know it's night. There's nothing to do. But damn am I bored. Especially with your company," I added in the side comment about Cara being boring. "I am not boring Miss Ariana Rose. Get up right now we are going out," she exclaimed. "Seriously, where the hell you planning on going," I asked. "Well there's is something called night life. Let's go to the new club opened down town. It's meant to be really classy and just down right amazing,"she said. I gathered there was no convincing Cara to leave going out. So an hour and a half later we were both ready in our dresses and stilettos. We weren't dress like hookers and neither were we dressed as nuns as well. We showed just enough skin and kept an elegant look. 30 minutes later we arrived at "Silver Moon" club. It was totally how Cara described it. Really classy. "Wow," we both said in unison. We danced and obviously drank. However not me. I was being sober so we could drive home in one piece. "Hey Ari, I'm away to the bathroom," Cara said. So I just waited at the bar. Scanning my eyes through the dancing crowd my sight landed on a familiar face. Oh it was Carlos from the cemetery. I don't know how I didn't notice that day. But he was really handsome. And dare I say extremely hot. His dark brown hair was styled perfectly. He had on a black half sleeve shirt which was defining his abs right through. Just then he caught my eye and and crunched his eyebrows for second. And then as if suddenly remembering who I was he walked over to me."Hey Ariana. Nice to see you again,"he said. "Hi, and yeah same too. I actually thought that was a one time meeting in the cemetery. I didn't actually think we'd run into each other again," I laughed. "So you here with someone?", he asked." Oh yeah, my friend Cara. She's away to the bathroom just now," I said. I noticed other girls were giving me really jealous looks. I wonder why. Just then Cara arrived. "So Ari I was saying...woah. You!,"she said cutting off what she was about to say to me. Cara was shocked. No shocked was an understatement. She looked as if she just saw a ghost. "Omg. It's not really you is it?," she said to Carlos. "It depends. Who do you think I am?," he said with a slight smirk. Just then Cara's face drained away and she suddenly got out of her shocked mood. "Oh wait...no... Sorry...I thought you were someone else. It must be the alcohol getting to my head,", Cara laughed off nervously. She was acting really strange. In fact she looked some what scared? What's wrong with her? "Cara are you okay?," I asked. "Oh... Yeah. Let's just go. Let's go home. I've had enough," she said in a hurry. Carlos was still standing there with an amused smirk on his face. As if he knew the reason why Cara was acting so...so weird. "Well I guess you girls will be off. Hope I see you again. And Ariana take care of Cara. She doesn't look too good. Anyway bye girls," and with that Carlos disappeared into the crowd.
When we arrived home I sat Cara down on the couch and said "Are you gonna tell me what the hell happened to you Cara. And don't say 'nothing'. Cause I know you well enough to know if it's 'nothing'. Cara just looked at me. Looking really panicked. "Ari sit beside me," so I sat beside her. "Listen really carefully to me. You have to promise me you will stay well and far away from Carlos. He's not who you think he is," Cara said. Woah now she was definitely freaking me out. "What do you mean? And how do you know him?Wait why did you lie then about not knowing him in the club?," I asked. " Ari I wish I could answer your questions but I can't.But I'll tell you something he's dangerous. And I'm not exaggerating when I say he is extremely dangerous," she said panicky. "But please tell me how you know him," I said. " I'm sorry Ari I can't. But I'll tell you one thing else. Do you know Francisco Santos?The billionaire," she asked. I nodded my head yes. "Well Carlos is his younger brother," she told me. Wait that's where I had saw the surname Santos. On Carlos sisters grave stone. "He's no average, normal person. Trust me he's more than just a rich kid. He's far more worse, dark and dangerous. He's cruel as fuck!," Cara continued. "And I would tell you how I know this. But if I do you would be coming to my funeral in the very near future," she said. All this was way too much to take in. Carlos seemed like such a nice person. I was actually beginning to like his personality. If what Cara is saying is true then I'm never gonna cross his path, if I can help it.