Chapter 5

The rain was pouring down and the thunder was drumming away. I stood with my hand against the window as I looked at the city lights under the stormy night sky. Thoughts were running through my brain. I had to get Cara to tell me what she knew. At least if I knew something about Carlos then I could protect my self. I did think of informing the police but Cara insisted that it would be futile to do so. And also it would just fuck the situation even further. Just then I heard my dad coughing. As I turned around I saw my dad lying on the hospital bed. He was so weak and going through so much pain. "Hey dad, how you feeling now," I asked. "A bit better after my rest. Alina come and sit here. Beside me," he said . So I did just that. "Listen Alina you must promise me that when I die, you will not fade away and loose who you are. And don't ever stop being strong," he said. I sucked in a deep breath," I promise," I said.
After speaking some more with dad I went to the gym. All the stress of possibly loosing dad anytime and on top of that the Carlos situation, I had to let it all out. So I punched and punched away at the punch bag. Sweat was pouring down and my punches were just getting stronger and stronger. I couldn't stop however, I felt like I was away in my own imaginary world. Eventually I stopped and collapsed to the ground. I lay there breathing heavily yet feeling some what relieved. Just then I heard clapping noises from behind me. As I got up and turned around I saw Carlos there in his black jeans and grey hoody. His hood was up and and his smirk was on. "Woah princess. Now that was one hot performance," he said. "Why the hell cant you leave me alone stocker!," I said angrily. "What's your deal. Why the hell are you always behind me," I screamed. "Looks like it's fiesty kittens time of the month," he said irritatingly as he came over beside me. He reached his hands towards my hair and twirled it in his fingers. I pulled away and smacked his hands. "Don't touch me. Just tell me what you want. And get out of my life," I said. " I don't think you quite get it kitten. I'm gonna take your life and then I will automatically be out of your life. Cause you won't have a life once I decide to end it. You know I was thinking to come over and finish this drama. But then I changed my mind and thought I'd be generous and give you some extra time," he said as stared into my eyes. "Your a monster. All you do is make me suffer. What did I do to you?," I said. "Glad you realised I'm no Prince Charming. And don't worry princess you will find out your reason of death before you leave. Don't think I'm gonna leave you clueless," he said as he laughed. "As I said I'm just having some fun with you, you know, just playing around with my helpless prey," he said. " I am not helpless. And don't think you can just walk in and decide when I die. I won't let you," I said bravely. Although inside I wasn't quite feeling that way. "Good for you kitten. You go and stick up for yourself. Although word of advice, it's useless against Mr sexy, badass Carlos," he said. "Please. Your ego is in need of deflating. Even a potato is more sexy than you," I said. Seriously a potato. This specimen in front of me is gorgeous if you just take out the fact that he wants to kill me. "Ha ha. You keep telling yourself that. You and I both know you're attracted to me. You find me irresistible. And it's fine, all the ladies love me," he said. "I feel sorry for any woman who has associated herself with you in any type of romantic or hookup relation," I said. "You feeling sorry or jealous?" He asked. "Incase you haven't realised. I don't tend to fall for egoistical stockers that claim they want to kill me," I said. "Oh Ariana you continue to amuse me. Any way I'm off to attend to some important business. Don't miss me when I'm gone. I promise I'll be back soon to spend some quality time," he said as he winked his eye. "Fuck off Carlos. I hope you die and don't return," I said. "Badass, I like it!", Carlos said as he disappeared from the hall.

Carlos's POV
I was driving towards one of our warehouses. And by 'our' I mean my older brother Francisco and I. I was the mafia leader of Dark Blood. And Francisco took full responsibility as CEO of our late Dad; Richard Santos's shipping business. The business was a huge success. And so was our status in the under world. No one fucked with Dark Bloods. After all I was their leader. I parked my car outside and walked through the warehouse doors passing the guards. Everyone bowed their heads and kept their eyes to the ground. No one dared disrespect me. "What is it! Why can't none of you do your work right," I said slowly however with a threatening tone. "Sorry sir...we were attacked and so we couldn't retrieve the packages in time from the ship. We were practically ambushed. There was no way we could have fought back and get the packages Sir," one of my men informed me. I knew someone from the inside had went behind my back and informed those attackers about our plan to get those packages. And I knew just who? " James over here now!", the sorry excuse came as fast as he could. "Like to explain how this attack happened," I said. "I'm sorry sir. Please forgive me. It was a stupid decision to go against you. Please forgive me," James begged. "Such a shame to have to loose you James. You were one of my most trusted men, until you pulled this stunt. But let's be honest I expected nothing less from a back stabbing pig such as yourself. I waste no time with betrayers," I said and with that I shot him in the head." Someone clear this shit up. And if anyone else decides to betray the Dark Bloods in the future, I swear you will not die a pleasant death. Lucky for him I couldn't be bothered with torturing him. But be fucking warned I will not spare anyone else," I said as I walked out and left.