Chapter 2

Currently I was in the lift making my way up to the floor my dad was on. The lift stopped and the the doors opened. Walking through the corridors, all I could smell was hospital smell. I hated it. It reminded me of when mum was breathing her last breath. All the nurses where busy with their patients. Some patients looking really ill and some in for a regular checkup. Eventually I saw my dad - who actually looked nothing like his healthy days- lying in bed. I sucked in a deep breath and controlled that edging tear. I went and sat down on the chair beside his bed side. I held his hand. He was asleep. I guess the good thing about sleep was that he was feeling peaceful in a way. I lay my head beside him in the side of his bed and slowly I too drifted into a sleep.

I was awoke by the nurse. "Hey honey, it's good to see you again,"she said. This particular nurse was called Lisa. She knew me enough to know I was here all the time. I remember she held my hand when mum passed away as well. She's been here for a long time. Who would have thought time would repeat itself. "Hi. How are you Lisa," I asked." Oh good. Just another busy day at work," she said. I decided to leave and get out of here. "That's great. Well, I'm gonna leave now. So I'll see you soon," I said while getting up from the chair. "Honey you take care of yourself. Your such a strong girl. You've been put through so much pain. But you still stuck in. Always stay strong Ariana. Bye dear," she said. I gave her a sad smile and exited the hospital.

Next day I was up early and getting ready for work. I worked at a fancy restaurant in town. I managed to get a job in here through my years of experience in other more normal restaurants. Here only the most eligible and filthy rich people came here. I had to adjust to fitting in, at the beginning but now it's all second nature serving these customers. The benefit is I get quite a high wage. So it gets me through life. And I can comfortably pay for my apartment which I share with my best friend Cara. Today's work was just the usual and not as busy. Which was okay with me. Caden was one year older than me and he worked here also. Caden and I are really close. We met each other here two years ago. And since then we have always stuck by each others side. He was my other best friend apart from Cara. "Hey Ariana. You're looking absolutely fine today," he joked. He always had to flirt with me. I think he did it to every girl. He just wouldn't be Caden without flirting. " Caden, seriously flirting again," I said. "Come on Ariana, now how rude of me would it be if I didn't flirt. It's just in my nature," he clarified. "I guess. Anyway since we are about to finish in like 11 mins. Wanna go somewhere?It's only 7 o'clock," I asked. "Yeah cool okay. So I know what to do. We should go out to the clubs. I totally wanna let loose," he said with a smirk. " I should have known that would be your only option. Be creative Caden. Let's do something instead of getting wasted. Wait I know lets go to the gym. Do some boxing. We haven't done that since last week, " I said. "Good call girl. See this is why I like you!"he said. We both laughed and he had to get in a pick up line and then we were off to the gym.

Currently I was standing with my boxing gloves on. Workout gear on and hair tied right back. Caden had his paddles out. And I had been punching for the last 20 minutes. Caden went before me so he was done. "Come on Ariana hit harder. You're nearly finished. Imagine you gotta kill this guy, your life depends on it. Keep going," he said. The last three minutes I punched as strong as I could. Sweat was pouring off me. "Damn Ariana. That was hot," Caden complimented. "I know right.Let's go I'm starving," I said as I felt this new found hunger.

Half an hour later we were sitting in Pizza Hut. Ugh their  pizza was awesome. I loved the salad. Wow. Yeah I guess I'm just really hungry. A girls gotta get her food. "Ariana I thought I was hungry," Caden joked." Shut up, its well deserved, " I said. "So how's your dad," he asked. "He's not any better if that's what you mean. I guess it's just a waiting game now," I said as I felt my lips tremble. Just then Caden held my hand and said," hey Ariana, I will always be there for you. Don't you ever feel like your alone. And just remember stay strong. I know you Ariana. You never give up. You have such a fighting spirit. You're a brave girl," he said. Caden was amazing. He always knew just how to cheer me up. Life just wouldn't be the same without him .
That night we left after devouring into some more pizza. We said our goodbyes and I went off to my apartment. Right now I was sitting watching the news. "I hear you have a ball planned for later on in the year Mr Santos," the news reporter asked this billionaire. That name Santos. Where had I heard of it. I couldn't quite trace my memory. "Yes I do," Francisco Santos said." It's in celebration of our companies 20th anniversary. My father, the late Sir Richard Santos started this company from nothing. And created today's most best shipping company. I was only five years old when he started out. Now I simply follow in his footsteps and bring honour to his name. I make it my first priority to maintain the standards of this company," he continued. I then got bored and switched the tv off. Francisco Santos was a big shot, with too much money. Many knew him as rude and egoistical. Although know one dared say it in front of his face. I guess I was being judgemental. I can't really say anything until I knew him. Which in my case was never. Cara was long asleep in bed.I went off to my long awaited bed too, and fell into a deep sleep.