Blue Flower Red Thorns

I was so excited I could hardly breathe. I was finally waking up for my first day at Konoha’s Ninja Academy. I wasn’t sure when I should show up, but I know it’s good to be early. School starts at 7:30 in the morning so I decided to leave home around 6:30. I had sort of a Deja vu moment as I flew out the door into a familiar wall. Again, like last time, the wall grunted and fell to the floor. I wasn’t in a hurry this time and looked down at the boy.

“Oops, sorry again. You should really stay away from my door.” I told him. He looked at me with a confused expression.

“Who are you?” He asked me, his eyebrows creased.

“Who? Me?” I asked down to him. He gave me a ‘duh’ look, and nodded, “I’m Mallow Uchiha!” I smiled to him and stuck out my hand.

“Sasuke Uchiha,” He grabbed my hand, and I pulled him up to his feet.

“Well Sasuke, where are you heading so early in the morning?” It was quite early, but I had to get to school extra early. What if something hindrance me from making it there on time.

“To the Academy.” I immediately lit up.

“That’s where I’m going! Is it your first day too?” I asked happily.

“Yeah. My brother told me a lot about it and I’ve had a lot of training previous from today,” He spoke calmly, but I could tell he was excited. After that it was silent. I didn’t want to ask any more questions. I was just so happy to go to the academy. Sasuke and I arrived at the academy and were surprised to see no one there.

“Heh, Uchiha’s are early,” I laughed. He gave me a funny look. How mean.

Sasuke seemed a bit uninterested in my presence, so I left him to go sit under mine and Naruto’s tree. Yes. I claimed it, thus it is ours.

It took a good 20 minutes before the first person showed up. Sasuke was across the school yard leaning against a wall all cool-like and this girl with long blond hair pulled up into a pony tail walked by me.

“Who’s he?” She asked me. I could see the visible blush appearing on her face. I knew where this is going…

“His name is Sasuke Uchiha,” I told her.

“He sure is cute…” She said, and then turned to me, “I’m Ino Yamanaka. It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled down to me. She was quite tall and I was leaning against the tree making me much shorter.

“I’m Mallow Uchiha,” I told her, learning from Naruto. When someone tells you their name, you respond with your own. I am such a good learner…

“Oh. So are you related to Sasuke?” She asked. I think she got in her head some idea on how to use that to her advantage, but I shook my head ‘no’.

“I do live in the Uchiha compound. I think I live a few doors down from him, but I’m not sure.” I was about to ask her why, but decided I didn’t really want to know. More people showed up, slowly crowding the school. I noticed a few more Uchiha (I could tell, we all look the same, ha) and some unique individuals as well. There was a boy with the cutest animal (my gosh, is it a dog? I can’t remember) but I was extremely tempted to go meet him just to play with his pet. I can foresee as sad friendship… And another boy with a coat that went up to his nose and dark glasses on. Another boy had a thick pony tail that tied so high near the top that it sprouted out like a pineapple. I wonder if he did that on purpose. Then I noticed something. Every girl had the same reaction as Ino. They would walk around for a while, but as soon as they saw Sasuke, they would blush and turn away. Yeah, Sasuke is cute, but really? Every girl? I surely am not acting like that. I think… Am I?