Exploring Where I shouldn't

I could hear the sounds of crickets as I tiredly opened my eyes. I rubbed away the weariness in my eyes and sat up from my bed. I think I was starting to remember some things. My sister seems vaguely more important to me now as I think back to her. Kyoku. Maybe my memories will come back as I sleep. That would be nice.

It was dark again. I had no idea what time it was, I would have to find out. Time. I could vaguely remember a circular object that would flip open and give me the time; in the dining house (A.k.a kitchen). I have no idea how to get into the dining house. I left my room out into the cold hallways connecting out to other rooms and the many other complexes of our family’s piece of the compound. I was guided on pure instinct to the location of the dining house, and soon I had the item I was searching for in my hand. I clicked the button on the top, the object flipped open to reveal a dial with two hands that clicked after every time they passed a mark on the perimeter. I couldn’t tell what it meant. I knew it was used to tell time, but I couldn’t read it. Maybe Naruto could, and I decided to go to the tree in front of the academy to ask him.

It was much easier to find the second time. I already knew which path to take to get to the light. Again, Naruto was leaning against the desolate tree in the middle of the school yard sleeping. I again, went over to him and placed my hand on his forehead, seeing as it was going to be my favorite method of waking him up. He slowly opened his eyes from his sleep and looked up at me. I could see the surprised expression on his face.

“Happy to see me?” I asked him. He smirked a bit, obviously still tired from just haven woken up.

“Why did you come back? Won’t you get in trouble with your mother?” He asked me.

“I just need to get back in time. I’ll go back two hours before sunrise. Say, do you know what time sunrise is and what time it is now?” I handed him the pocket watch and he looked down at it for a few moments.

“It’s 2:15am. The sun rises at about 6am. You have about an hour and a half before you should head back.” He said.

“Is being able to read a clock common knowledge?” I asked him, hoping he was just a genius.

“It kind of is. But I can teach you how to tell the time, it’s really easy.”

Naruto gave a quick explanation of the two different hands, and I learned quickly, trying to get back the information lost. He was right, it was really easy. I was able to read the time as 3:45 by the time we were done. Of course, we snuck in some other off the wall topics in there.

“My favorite thing in the whole world is Ramen. This place called Ichiraku’s has this lady that gives me free ramen every so often. She’s real nice.” He told me.

“What’s ramen?” His face immediately faltered as his mouth dropped.

“Okay, tomorrow at 2:00pm meet me back here. I’ll take you to Ichiraku’s. Don’t worry about money. Old Man Hokage gives me money every week.” I nodded, promising Naruto to meet him back at 2:00pm. I ran home and hopped in my bed and quickly fell asleep.

~~~

I woke up around noon; my mother was suspicious on why I had slept in so long.

“It’s because I was so tired from staying up two nights ago,” I tried to explain to her. She just nodded, but kept her suspicions, “I think I am starting to remember some things, can I go into the village and explore to jog my memory?” I lied.

My mother stayed silent in thought for a few moments, “Only if you bring Kyoku.”

“Awe, mom. Why?” I whined. I didn’t want her coming with. I needed to go see Naruto.