quarante trois

"so cammie, tell us about what happened in that pretty lil' head of yours." calum said, smiling softly as he twisted the ends of michaels hair in his fingers.

my eyes squinted when i saw michaels eyes begin to widen and his soft smile falter. then something just clicked, it was the way he said cammie, and the way michael literally watched it piece itself together in my head. it was exactly how i remembered it, every memory flooded back to my mind and i knew it wasnt all in my fucking head. i just knew. and i was ready to punch him in his throat.

"you lied." i whispered, now calums smile faltered, "this was real. it was all real. theres no fucking way i couldve made up 17 years in my head. you think im fucking stupid calum?!"

i removed my hand from ashtons and grabbed calum by his collar and yanked him up to my face.

"baby.." he whispered, his breath shaking as he stared me in the eyes with his sad puppy eyes, "i couldnt let you remember. i was so awful, michael was too. ashton was a fucking idiot and i needed you to believe you could have a fresh start. i needed you to believe we didnt ruin your entire highschool years. and i didnt ruin your entire life up until now."

his eyes filled with tears and his lips shook. he looked like this hurt him more than it hurt me. i dropped him and let my chest heave.

"i want all of you out. now." i whispered, none of them moved, "leave!"

"cameron, we're not leaving until you hear us out." corrynn said, standing up and moving closer to my bed.

"i dont want to talk. i dont want to hear your bullshit lies, i want you out."

"come on." ashton whispered, standing up. one by one they left, ashton, luke, michael. corrynn and calum stood at the edge of my bed staring at me. i stared back.

"i hope you understand we did what we did because we were looking out for you. all five of us contributed to 17 shitty years and we wanted you to have a better future." corrynn whispered. i didnt believe her. i didnt wanna hear their side. she eventually walked out, leaving calum and i to fight in stares.

"i love you."

"you dont."

"i know."

he punched me in the heart with his response.

"did you want me to forget because you were sick of being with me?"

"yes." he whispered. his eyes screamed that he was telling the truth. i nodded.

"i was worried id have to be the one to say it." i chuckled. he walked out before a conversation could spark. i was thankful, any more words and i wouldve shattered.

a doctor walked in with my parents and i was immediately suffocated.

"oh, mrs bates i wouldnt squeeze to hard." the doctor interjected, "her ivs could be pulled."

they pulled back and stared at me with tears in their eyes.

"what happened?" dad whispered.

i shrugged, "i fucked around and wound up dead."

it went quiet. the doctor checked my stats, took my blood and said he's going to run tests. if im okay, i can leave right when he comes back.

"can we leave?" i whispered.

"no, the doctor hasnt ran tests yet." mum said.

"no, i mean can we leave? leave australia." they looked at each other.

"we can afford it.." dad whispered.

"and we've always talked about moving to california.." mum added.

+

cliffs

fuck yaaaa

yall fr tell me why the hell Bea Millers song "Yes Girl" goes tf off !!!

it been on repeat for like a hour idc