Chapter 3

~stillllllllll seven months ago~

Jack's POV

I jumped a little at the sound of the slight rap at my door. Alex's voice sounded muffled through the door, but the worry in his voice was tangible.

"Hey, Jack, can I come in?" His voice rang in my ears.

I looked around my room, searching for something to soak up the blood and cover the cuts before Alex saw. The more time that past while I looked, the more panicked I was getting.

"Uh, gimme a sec Alex!" I tried to stay calm as I scrambled around, trying to stop the bleeding. Why hasn't I thought to do this in the privacy of the night, when my thoughts were my only possible company?! I knew it was a matter of moments before Alex, being as impatient as he is, barged through the door and discovered my secret.

I was so consumed with my worries that I didn't even notice he had entered my room until a gasp escaped his lips. I looked up, staring at Alex's frame in the doorway, mouth gaping slightly at the sight that lay before his eyes. I saw the fees start welling up as he looked from my arm up to my eyes, which were also starting to fill with hot tears.

Alex was the first to speak.

"Jack...." he trailed off, unable to find the right words. "Why?"

His voice was barely audible, like a single leaf rustling in a breeze.

I looks down at my arm. True, it might might be a bit bloody, but it wasn't bad and it certainly wasn't a problem. This was just a one time thing. Wasn't it?

For the sake of Alex, I tried to say anything that would calm him and stop blowing this out of proportion.

"Alex, it only looks this bad because it's fresh, you'll see when I'm cleaned up. It's only a few marks, nothing noticeable."

"What if the fans notice though,Jack? We can't lie to them!!" Alex ran his fingers through his hair and continued staring down at my bleeding arm. I faintly heard the sound of the door slam shut downstairs and Matt Flyzik's voice calling up the stairs for us.

Before I had a chance to answer Alex's questions, he spoke again. "Listen, I'm not going to make a big deal about this and go tell everyone. But you have to promise me that you'll stop all this craziness, because the last thing I want is for all of our dreams to be ruined because of this. Please Jack." He turned away and walked out of the room, yelling back down to Flyzik as though nothing had happened.

It's too bad I suck at keeping promises, I thought to myself as I continued wrapping the gauze.

___________

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME YOU FEW PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY READ THIS TERRIBLE STORY IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING BUT I'LL BE BETTER ABOUT IT NOW THAT I'VE GOTTEN THE HANG OF SCHOOL AND SUCH PLEASE FORGIVE THIS TERRIBLY SHORT CHAPTER. K THANKS. xx katie