Chapter 1

~Sevem months previously~

Jack's POV

The laughter of the guys was explosive, the jokes about sex and the cracks about moms were being shot across the room with rapid-fire mock intensity. I always loved these lazy afternoons with my band mates, these were three guys that I could tell anything and everything to, I had shared lots of laughs with, and had experienced the same wild lifestyle change over the last few years. They were family, if not further extensions of myself. I smiled to myself as I listened to their banter while I logged on to Twitter. I hadn't been on since our new underwear shots had been released, so I wanted to check out how the Hustlers were reacting.

However, I did not expect anything like what their reaction was.

Mention after mention or me I looked at talked about one thing and one thing only: my weight. They almost all went a little something like this:

"@JackAllTimeLow wow I knew you looked a little heavier but I wasnt expecting THAT much change!"

"@JackAllTimeLow leave it to jack to ruin a perfectly good shirtless shot lol"

"@JackAllTimeLow jack please put your shirt back on and play guitar that's all you're good for"

My eyes glazed over in shock as I continued scrolling and reading more and more negative comments. Something about me clearly had to change. And I knew just how to fix it.

Alex's POV

"Yeah, Zack? Well at least I don't look AND fuck like an ape, unlike your mom!" I shouted across the room, laughing hysterically.

Rian laughed almost a hard as I did, while Zack sat and turned tomato red with both embarrassment and anger.

I glanced over at Jack to see how hard he was laughing, only to be a little surprised by him paying absolutely no attention to our conversation. I furrowed my brow in confusion. Normally Jack was totally into this kind of dumb banter that we partook in. His deep brown eyes were glazed over, staring at his phone.

"Tweeting up a storm, eh Jack?" I say, expecting him to at least crack a smile.

Nothing. Nothing at all.

A tiny voice in the back of my head was squealing worried thoughts, but I quickly shut the voice up. I knew one thing that could always make Jack feel better: take out and alcohol!

"Hey, Jack, I was about to call that Thai place on Thame Street, your favorite! Do you want anything?" I ask, hoping that he isn't still obsessing over whatever it was he was doing on his phone earlier.

His eyes carefully looked up, not at me, but the ceiling. I watched his thumb carefully thump the side of his balled hand, a tell-tale sign whatever he was about to say was a lie. When his eyes focused on me, he had a new look on his face. I don't know quite how to describe it, but it made me worry a lot more than I had been.

"No, I think I've had plenty of food for today, thanks though. I'm going to go lay down", he replied, that same odd look on his face.

Slowly, he got up and shuffled up to his room in the house we all shared. That was the first time Jack had ever refused a meal.

Jack's POV

As soon as I was up to my room, I began to feel proud. I had thought of the perfect plan to make the fans proud of me again! Just skip a few meals here and there, cut back on the food you ate at the meals you did participate in, and I would be thin in no time! My life was about to change, and I had a good feeling about it.

______

so i finished this chapter and im gonna start writing chapter two.....thanks for reading despite how short these chapters are and how much they suck!! xx katie