Prologue

Jack's POV

I sigh as I glance in the mirror, staring at the gruesome reflection that looked back at me with sad eyes. Will I ever be small enough?, I wonder to myself, quickly sucking in my stomach and pushing my fat further in. Why can't I be lean and strong like Alex? Why can't I be perfectly fit like Zack? Why can't I be toned like Rian? Why can't my reflection show what I want?

A sudden knock at the door tears me out of my train of thought.

"Jack, buddy, you okay in there? It's been almost an hour!" Alex's worried voice calls out to me through the hotel bathroom door.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine! I'll be out in a sec!" I return.

I hear a sigh from the other side of the door.

As the sound of Alex's feet slowly walk away, I pull gently reach into my pocket and pull out a tiny razor, small enough to where Alex couldn't find it, despite how hard he looked. I gulp down a deep breath as a press it against my scar-ridden arm. A cut for ever pound I must lose, I think. I rip the blade across my arm, not caring how deep I sliced. I carefully counted in my head, 1, 2, 3, 4.....

Before I had even realized what was happening, I was up to fifty. I had been so mesmerized by the pain I had just inflicted on myself I had forgotten why I deserved it. I quickly grab the gauze from underneath the sink and wrap my arm silently, so the rest of the boys wouldn't known what I had done. As soon as I had finished, I rinsed the blade and shoved it back in my pocket, ripped my sweatshirt sleeve down to cover the damage, and plastered a fake smile to my face. Here we go again, I thought to myself.

Alex's POV

Jack thought he was so clever, but he couldn't fool me. I don't know how kept a razor hidden from me, but he had managed to and I know that he had just ripped open is own skin with it. I blink back my hot, painful tears as I see him wobble down the stairs.

If you could compare the man that stood in front of me now and the man I knew from just a few months ago, you wouldn't believe it was the same person. The old Jack was tall and thin, vaguely muscular in his arms, had an ear-to-ear smile on his face almost all the time, big brown lively eyes, and wore a band t shirt and jeans that fit just right on him practically every day of the year.

The new Jack though, was a bit of an eye sore. While he was still pretty tall, he was now dangerously thin, ribs poked out of his shirt when he moved around, his limbs like tiny twigs, no muscle or fat on them at all, just flesh and bone. His smile had fallen flat, it was never genuine anymore. He forced it on for the sake of Rian, Zack, and I, but I knew he felt like doing anything but smiling. His eyes have long since glazed over, instead of vivacious, hopeful eyes, hazy lifeless ones had taken their place. His face hollowed out, his cheeks empty, his eyes sunken and deep dark circles under his eyes hung like shadows. Instead of his casual t shirt and jeans ensemble, he now wore a sweat shirt that simply hung over his bones and skinny jeans that were baggy on his pencil thin legs.

As I looked him over, I found myself wishing, hoping, praying that he might see what he was doing to himself soon. I glanced back down at the floor to suppress more tears. I look back up at him just as his frail body crumpled to the floor.

_______

sooooo please forgive me if this fanfic sucks i promise on my first born child's right arm im trying my hardest here. criticism and comments and votes and love are all welcome. ill try to update as much as i can but don't murder my cats if i don't get to update after a day or two i probably was just pretending to have a social life. thanks for readingggggggg xx katie