Chapter 37 - The morgue

Start from the beginning

"Good morning everyone. It is very early... Four past seven to be exact... And we got something every interesting and urgent for you all today. We have a guest here who's going to tell us all something about the two escaped serial killers Grace Bertrand and Nigel Colbie. They seemed to be caught, and both death to be exact. More from our own detective Justin Newman... So, Justin, tell us all about it."

"Yes, thank you so much Martin. Like said earlier this morning in the late night broadcast- Our searching team did a great job last night. We've been searching for the two patients for weeks already, and without finding the right tracks we got stuck for weeks. Nevertheless one of our colleagues suddenly came with the thought that they might been hiding in one of the patients her last residence, and so they did."

"-So, shortly after their departure they got a mention about a house being on fire, and early this morning they found two badly mutilated bodies - both unable to identify since there's barely anything left of the two. Right?"

"Yes. Nevertheless, they do think it are them, since they were both located at one of the patient's house and there are many tracks of them living there for some days or weeks. They are practically just certain. They also found some remains of the boy his clothes worn in the institute."

"Good, that's good news, right? We don't have to be afraid of insane serial killers anymore. Or at least, they think. More information about that later this afternoon. Anyway, Justin, thank you so much for the information. I hope you get along with everything."

"Yeh, I don't doubt that. We're going good. I'll keep you informed."

Grace turned the volume down and stared at Nigel with her shoulders sank in. She seemed to be calm, but sad as well. She didn't wanted to tell him about the house at first, but now he knew anyway.

Nigel:

He felt relieved at hearing they took the bait, apparently.. It wouldn't take long now before they'd be able to get in public again. He frowned at the piece of information he hadn't heard of just yet, though, the information about the house. He never knew it had been Grace's.

A silence fell after Grace put the volume down and Nigel decided if he should say anything at all. In the end he just had to.

"I burnt down your home.." he just said, lifting an eyebrow and pursed his lips in a somewhat sullen pout. He was quite for another second before he seemed to discard the subject entirely.

"Get some breakfast." It was almost an order now. He didn't mean it to be, he just wanted to change the subject. And he did want her to eat something.

Alex:

Grace tried her best to swallow, but her throat was dry and seemed to be squeezed badly. Softly she bit down on her lower lip. She nodded, just shortly, straight after his words, and she gazed again out of the window even though he commanded her to get some breakfast. Nevertheless after some seconds, which were quite some, she decided to smile awkwardly, and she immediately got up to crawl to the backseats.

'Sure,' she muttered then. As she saw there, sweeping her hair back over her shoulders after a deep sigh, she closed her eyes and pulled the brown bag close to her. She wasn't hungry. Not at all to be exact, and even if she were she wouldn't eat. She knew that if she would she would might have to vomit again, and this time she couldn't hid the blood coming with that. They were together in the car. The farest place she could go was like five meters away from the car, and if she would go further than that Nigel would definitely follow her in case something would happen.

'You want anything?' she decided to break the silence then. She sighed again and dropped her head against the back of Nigel his seat. 'Sorry, but you can't force me to eat Nigel, and I couldn't tell you about my house.'