Chapter 21 - Unfair

Nigel:

He frowned at seeing they were taking just him along and not Grace. He couldn't understand why. He expected punishment but hadn't they both gone through exactly the same crime? Why him and not Grace? He was grateful for the fact Grace was being spared but he still wondered.

When the guard walked back - dragging Nigel along like a ragged doll - he learned that he wasn't about to be punished. No, it was the other way around. He froze for a moment at that and halfway the corridor Nigel started to struggle against the guards grip, refusing to walk on.

"Stop it!" The guard growled, grabbing him tighter, but Nigel wouldn't budge. It wasn't fair. Nigel hardly even cared about the punishment. He knew for a fact that Grace did.

Alex:

Grace wrapped her fingertips around the cold wire as the other guard slowly approached the door of her cell. She thought she would get released too. That she could get her supper, just like Nigel could.

A smile crossed her face, and she slowly began to shake her head as she walked a bit backwards - allowing the guard to open the door. 'I can't believe you'll hear me say this,' she began. 'but I actually miss the food from the kitchen, no matter how terrible it is.'

She wetted her lips and searched for the guard his eyes, seeing how he didn't opened the door but kept standing there while staring at her - with a deep frown on his face.

'Oh, but you won't be eating tonight,' he spoke as he straightened his back. 'No food for twelve hours before the procedure.'

'You said Sister Bennet changed her mind,' Grace hit back in panic.

'For Nigel, yes. Now rest up dear. You're going under the knife in the morning. You'll need your strength.'

Grace immediately shook her head as tears came up in her eyes, full of misunderstanding and panic.

'No, no you can't do that!'

The man slowly walked away, leaving her behind without release or another word.

'Let me out! Come back, let me out!' Tears started to run down her face as she started to slam against the door. 'Let me out! Let me out, someone! NIGEL!!!' Again she started to slam against the door, not even getting bothered by the pain and the blood stat started to reveal on her hands. She was furious. She was in panic. She lost control.

'Please! Anyone! Nigel, Nigel come back! I'm so sorry, please!'

Nigel:

The guard kept walking but Nigel kept struggling. It earned him a kick in the back of his knees which made Nigel sink through his legs momentarily and the guard was able to easily drag him along anyway.. And for a few minutes Nigel allowed to let that happen.. He acted as though he was defeated. But once they were near to the end of the hall he suddenly but both feet down and threw all his weight - what little there was left - against the guard in a tackle. He didn't know how he did it but he managed to topple over the guard. As soon as the guard's head knocked against the ground Nigel got on top of him and pressed his thumbs deep into they guard's eye sockets, sprinkling himself and the guard in blood. The guard screamed in agony but no one seemed to be able to hear him from here.. This went on and on until finally the guard's voice stopped, indicating he was dead.

Nigel slowly pulled back his blood-covered hand. You'd expect him to be a nervous wreck but he hadn't been as calm in a long time as he was now. Iron Cold face, no remorse, nothing.

After he got up he grabbed the guard's ankles and pulled him along into his own cell where he wouldn't be found for a while. Or well.. maybe he would because there was a track of red blood following after him.