2. New Neighbors

The sharp and loud sound of my alarm rang and I jumped out of bed. I seriously need a shower, so I went right into the bathroom. There's a bathroom connected to my room, because as an only child, I got the biggest room, and I'm spoiled a little too. Before I enter the bathroom, I waited to get my daily good morning face time call from Taylor and Talia on my IPhone 6s, but I got no call. That's weird. Oh well. I just brushed it off and went into the shower.

After my long twenty minute shower, I hopped out the bathroom, and smelled a slap of pancakes. Then I yelled out my room to my mother downstairs,
"Breakfast almost ready?"
She chuckles and says,
"In a few, get dressed."
That's exactly what I do.

When I'm all creamed up, I went to my mall-like closet and began to rummage through clothes. I always try to keep my look on point, so I'm extremely picky about EVERYTHING I wear, and I never let my mom go shopping for me. As I looked through my closet I decided to wear a turquoise crop top, and matched it with white bleached skinny jeans, and a pair of black vans. Then I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "almost done". From there I pulled out my phone again, still no face time call, then I opened up YouTube, and looked up, the no makeup style, that's done with makeup. And I find a tutorial. I put on mascara, a dab of eye shadow, lip gloss and a pinch of color on my cheeks. Then I put on black earrings and a black bracelet to match, and then a black neck choker. I look at myself in the mirror one more time, before I finally say,
"Perfect".

With a smile, I put my school stuff together and headed downstairs. The strong smelling sensation of pancakes filled the air. I thought to myself, today is going to be a great day. I walked into the kitchen and gave my mom a big hug and said,
"Good morning mom, you look lovely today" as I twirled around.
"Someone's really happy today. Could it possibly be because of the new neighbors coming in?"

New what??!! I liked being able to change in my room not having to worry of anyone watching from another window and I loved how I didn't have anyone living right beside me, and how I could walk across their lawn cause it didn't belong to anybody. But neighbors??! And I'm just hearing of this new information now?! And the worst part, my mom thinks that its the reason why I'm so happy. I really don't know why I'm so happy, but it's certainly not because of new neighbors. If anything, it just screwed up my entire day.

I'm soon cut off of my train of thought with my moms voice.
"Maybe we can go welcome them into the neighborhood later?" She says it as more of a question. Usually when we get new neighbors, she forces me, and she's so happy to get some friends her age around. Especially ever since my dad left us when I was six years old.

I never liked that bastard. Well he actually became a bastard two weeks ago, but what do I care. He honestly messed up my childhood. My hands began to ball up into a fist at the thought of this memory. My mom quickly noticing.

"Of course you don't have to go though Tiffy" she says with a sympathetic look. Yeah something's definitely wrong. Mom should be way more excited than this.
"Mom what's wrong?" I ask my mother.
"Nothing why would u think something is wrong?" She asks nervously.
"Mom. I know you would be way more excited than this for new neighbors" I say to her knowingly.
"Eat your breakfast and I'll tell you while you eat." she says in defeat.
So I sat down and began to devour my pancake meal, while I looked up at her and said,
"Ok mom. Spill" with a mouthful.
She sighs, before speaking.

"OK. Its just that, I already saw when the family was pulling in, and I saw that there were no friends I could really make. They don't have a mother. Its a four year old blonde, and a boy about your age, then their father. There's no friends I can make out of that you know" she says putting her head down like a shy little kid.
"Awe, mom. Don't worry I'm sure your going to love these neighbors just as much as you've loved all of the other ones. Plus, who says that you can't make friends out of these people? The man can be your friend too, it doesn't necessarily have to be a woman. And its not like your dating the guy. You should try talking to him. Maybe you'll like him. And you all can become friends. Just like you would with a woman" I say comfortingly.

With this, she smiles and says,
"Thanks Tiffany. You know why your my favorite daughter. You always know how to cheer me up."
"Yea well I'm your only daughter" I say with a smile.
"OK so. No funny business, after school, welcome neighbors, come over for dinner? Got it. Cause I talked to the man for a little bit, just to say hi, and he invited me for dinner. So we welcome them correctly, then dinner? Got it?" She says strictly with a "you have no right to oppose" expression. Then almost immediately, I realize that I had just tapped into her crazy about neighbor stage, and before I get myself negatively caught up in it, I quickly nod my head.

"Got it." I say.
"Good" my mother says really satisfied. From there, I'm prepared to take on the worst day ever. I normally get a ride from the T's on Fridays, but I never got a FaceTime call and they never showed up. They're probably not mad. Its probably just something that happened in their homes. After all, what could they be mad for?

I started walking down the halls but something was different today. No one was crowding me, but they didn't look at all disgusted, they all just looked rather amused by something. That something seemed to be me. I am quickly taken off from my thoughts, as I see the T's walking with our regular group of girls down the halls. When I open my mouth to say hi, they just hiss and walk past me, the blonde girl copying. I don't really care about what she does though, I'm more concerned about my friends having a random anger at me. My cheeks flush red in worry at the thought of them finding out that I showed my mom the most embarrassing photo of Taylor and Talia. So embarrassing that I can't even tell you what the pic was. In my defense, I accidently showed her. And I showed my mom just a couple weeks ago, so its still pretty recent, probably still recent enough for her to find out.

I quickly shake the thought from my mind, as I run down the hall to find the T's and also find out why they're mad at me. I find them in the bathroom and I hear someone freaking out about something. Then I see that the T's are pacing the bathroom yelling for every girl that walks in to get out, and of course, they immediately get out. Then when they spot me, their crystal blue eyes harden into the worst eye that I've ever been given in my life. If looks could kill, I'd be dead and buried and then buried again.

"H-hey T-t-t's" I say, stuttering.
"Look, I think it's best you leave before I'm tempted to rip every last strand of hair you have out of your head" Taylor says with seriousness in her voice. And with that, I'm hurt.
"W-what?" I say obviously confused.
"You obviously don't care about this friendship enough to keep from lying to me, and back stabbing me for what you know will make me hate you forever. So you can run back to your Luke Harris and leave me alone" Talia says, and I feel hope. Whatever this is about, I have a better chance of knowing, because I have a name. Luke Harris. Luke Harris. The boy causing me this trouble, goes after the name, LUKE HARRIS. Whoever the hell this is, I'm going to beat his ass when I find him.

After a while of silence and death glares, I say,
"I honestly don't know what's going on, but I'm sorry for anything I've done", and with that, I'm out the bathroom door, leaving the angry girls alone. Then as I leave the bathroom, a boy bumps into me, and quickly apologizes, then I watch as he walks towards his group of friends. With one glance at the sight in front of me, I look at the boys face, and notice that he is Damian. And I quickly recognize his friends, then with one glance at his hands, a slap of realization washes over my face as my breath hitches. I KNOW WHO THE CULPRIT IS!

A/N 

By the way, I tried to update my book everyday, and have succeeded in doing that so far. Please don't be a silent reader. Comment
Xoxo,
Your fav author