17. Sexy Stud Babysitter

(This chapter and some future chapters contain scenes of unhealthy relationships with food and eating disorders that may be triggering for some readers)

Luke's POV

"Aw man, now you got greasy Cheetos all over my jeans." Carter says.
"Oh relax, it's not like those skinny jeans were winning you any dates in the first place." I say.
"Oh like you're doing any better than him." Chuck chimes in.
"None of you losers get girls, end of discussion." Jace says.
"I don't know man, Damian seems to be getting lucky these days. Been seeing you hang out with Tiffany Parker." Carter says as he throws a pillow at Damian's head. 

I'm currently hanging out with the guys from the team, and I have just heard the last thing I wanted to hear today. These idiots can't go five seconds without ruining my day.
I do know Damian has been spending a lot of time with Tiffany, and yes it makes me mad as hell but what am I supposed to do about that when Tiff practically leaped at the chance to be study buddies with him. Freaking Bellard. She's a pain in the ass even when she's not trying.

"Piss off Carter." Damian says as he tosses the pillow back.
He could lose the grin, that'd be nice. 
"Oh come on, don't even start with your denial again. Anyone with eyes can see you're madly in love with that girl." Chuck says as he stuffs his mouth with the Cheetos littering the couch. 
I feel the bile rise in my throat as I hear Chuck's choice of words. 

"Shutup you don't know what you're talking about. We've been hanging out cause we're study buddies for Bellard's class." Damian answers very unconvincingly. 
"Okay let's be for real for a second." Jace says.
I don't think I like where this is going.
"Damian look me in the eyes and tell me honestly that you don't have any feelings for Tiffany." Jace says with his eyes focused on Damian.

The room is quiet now as everyone stares at Damian. I can practically see the guy's sweat forming. 
The intense stares continue for a moment before Damian finally breaks.
"Ok, Ok Damn! I freaking like Tiffany alright?! You bastards happy now?!" Damian admits.

Everyone continues to stare in silence as Damian slaps his hands over his face and leans back in the couch.
"Ladies and gentlemen, a round of applause!" Jace says, breaking the silence.
The dramatic pricks stand up in cheers and applause as they shake Damian.
"This confession has been years in the making! This is a momentous occasion indeed!" Chuck adds.
You guys suck, seriously." Damian says as he shakes his head.
They all continue to tease and laugh.

The truth is, I've known that Damian likes Tiffany. That's why I've been so weird around him lately. He never told me, but Chuck is right. Anyone with eyes can see that he likes her. I could tell before I even met the girl. The guy wouldn't stop telling me about how he couldn't wait for me to meet his good friend Tiffany.

"You guys know what's weird?" Carter starts.
"Someone's been very quiet." He finishes as he raises an eyebrow at me.
"Don't start with me Henderson." I respond dryly.
"Uh oh Luke. Have I struck a nerve?" Carter laughs. 
I roll my eyes and focus my attention back to the game on the television.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?" Jace asks.
"Am I missing something here?" Chuck asks.
"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" I question back.

"Guys isn't it obvious what's going on here?" Carter asks with the most irritating smirk on his face. 
Jace looks between Carter and I, then at Damian, and ends at Chuck.
"Nah man you lost me." Jace says.
"Same I'm not following." Chuck agrees.

"You idiots." Carter says as he rolls his eyes.
"Luke obviously likes Tiffany too. We've got a little love triangle on our hands boys." He says proudly as he continues snacking on the seemingly endless Cheetos.
All I can imagine is my hand floating through Carter's jaw and breaking every bone in its path.