Chapter 36 - Setting the house on fire

Start from the beginning

'What about those groceries we bought? They are useless whenever we put them in the house, right? Or did you planned to keep them in the car?'

Nigel:

After he'd managed to get in all limbs he started the car once again and drove off.

"Cooling box. There's one in the house, I checked." (noIdidn'tbutyouasktoogoodquestions) "Also, I mainly tried to take things that would stay good for a while.. I do plan to find us another house as quickly as possible but we can't expect to just stumble unto another deserted farm. It's likely we'll have to live in the car for a while."

He drove in silence for a while, lost in thoughts as he mentally took every step they had to take to be able to fool the police into think they were dead.

"Anyway.. so here's the plan. We take a moment to fresh-up. Pack the things we're going to need and then we'll put on the gass, leaving on the fire. And we get the hell out of there. Alright?"

Alex:

'A cooling box,' Grace repeated while nodding - a sign she found it a rather good idea. She hadn't even thought of that yet. She wetted her lips and dropped her face again softly against the glass from the window, smiling while thinking of stupid unnecessary things which would never happen in life.

'That's good,' she whispered than - honestly not even really listening to his words. She did heard him, though, vaguely. 'Living in the car?' she said then - getting up a bit with her lips lightly pursed. 'I hope we'll stay warm during this bare weather. I'm afraid we can't lit a fire in this car...'

She nuzzled against the car door again and tried to shut her eyes as he started to drive away. She wanted to wash the thoughts away of being accompanied by two corpses, and inhaled deeply as Nigel spoke again.

'Sounds like a good plan. Perfectly fitting.' She pursed her lips again and sighed now. 'We'll get the hell out of there,' she repeated then. Escaping. A topic in her life that kept coming back no matter what. 'We'll find ourselves a place, and in the car it can't be that bad... Nothing is more worse then Briarcliff...'

Nigel:

"We'll just have to take warm clothes and blankets. It'll be doable." he just commented, and after that he said nothing more about the matter. He drove in silence, concentrated on keeping the car on the slippery road. Eventually they made it back to the farm and Nigel hid the car again behind some bushes. After that he opened the trunk to get out his two victims.

"Grace? Can you lend me a hand? I can't carry both of them.. But if you want we can also take one first and then come back for the other. How are your wrists?"

Alex:

Grace pulled up her legs a bit and nuzzled against them. Her eyes were pointed at the road in front of them which seemed to be a limitless expanse. She sighed. Her fingertips followed the sewing lines of her pants and she smiled as he came with that offer. Lots of blankets, that should be doable. At least they had quite a big car. They could flatten the backseats so they could sleep there if necessary.

As soon as they arrived at the farm. they both stepped out of the car. Grace spread again the large pine branches along the car, and she followed Nigel to the back of it when he asked her to give him a hand. She smiled politely and nodded.

'Sure. Lets carry the both of them. You take him, I'll take this one.' She grabbed the woman at het shoulders - to keep breaking any other part since that might be possible, you never know - and started to drag her toward the house. She gazed up when he asked her about her wrists, and she pursed her lips as she shrugged. A thoughtful expression appeared on her appearance. 'All I know is that they itch, quite a lot sometimes. They don't hurt anymore. You can check them after this?'