“Does it look like I care?” he asked her rhetorically.

“I don’t know. Your face looks like you’ve been having surgery. Or Botox,” Carmina answered back, examining his face. “Are you trying to raise your eyebrows?”

“You’ve got a big mouth for a small girl,” he told her.

“GIRL?! I’m 16; I officially turned into a teenager three years ago. I’m a young lady,” she said, standing up straight and trying to act like a mature person.

“Sure, whatever you say, young lady,” he replied.

Carmina could tell that he didn’t believe a word she said by his face.

She quickly coughed and stood with a straight back, “I would like you to let go of my arm and let my friend go. Or. Else.”

“Or. Else. What?” Roger asked, trying his best to sound like her.

“Or else this,” Carmina heard someone say from behind Roger. She didn’t need to look at the person since she knew who it was from the voice.

Roger let go of Carmina’s arm and quickly spun around to come face to face with frenemy. “Damien?”

“Stay away from my girl,” Damien warned before grabbing Roger by the neck. He threw Roger to the floor and held him down with his foot against Roger’s chest, causing the floor to crack a little.

“Damien, stop! What are you doing?!” Carmina asked, looking startled.

What the hell was wrong with him? If Damien killed him, how would they know where Anne was being kept?

“Carmina, stay out of this. I’m already angry at you as it is. Why would you come here? And alone? Do you even know how dangerous this man is?” Damien asked. 

Carmina could hear anger laced in Damien’s words and she looked down at the floor feeling guilty.

“Aunt B, could you quickly take her home and stay with her? Only then will I fight with no worries,” Damien said.

“Whoa, hold on there. I’m not going anywhere without Anne. And you’re gonna fight? I don’t think so,” Carmina argued.

‘Fight? Over my dead body,’ Carmina thought to herself.

“Carmina,” Damien growled, frowning at her.

“Damien,” Carmina growled back.

“Damien, I need to talk to you about something,” Roger told him, looking bored to death.

He was gonna die any minute now and he didn’t even look the least bothered. What the hell.

“I don’t have anything to say to you right now. We will talk after Carmina is gone. And then I’ll kill you,” Damien replied back, refusing to look him in the eye.