the bittersweetness of us

Camila's day was crap. Pure, utter crap. It started out as usual. She got up, brushed her teeth, took a shower and dressed up to go to college. She made breakfast for her and Dinah, who woke up almost an hour late, and, despite the egg she dropped on the floor and had to clean up, things were going relatively well.

It all started going south when it was time to drive to college. They both attend the same university, majoring in music, so they always go together on Camila's car, and today wasn't any different. Only when Camila got into the driver's seat, she sat right into a water balloon, yelling profanities in surprise and fear as it exploded and got her entire ass wet while Dinah had to hold onto the hood of the car to stop herself from falling to the floor in laughter.

(It wasn't hard to guess the mastermind behind this little prank, and Camila was going to kill Normani as soon as she saw her.)

She went back to her apartment to change after screaming with Dinah for about a minute, who was completely comfortable on the passenger's seat by the time she came back, blasting Beyoncé's album through her earphones as if she didn't have a care in the world.

Oh, but it didn't stop there. No, that would have been too easy. She was also stuck in traffic and late for class, which only made her crankier than before. To make things worse, after a while Camila realized her period had come early and started getting cramps.

Honestly, at the time Camila didn't know how it could get any worse than that. She quickly made herself a promise to never again doubt the universe after getting late to the Starbucks she worked at and having Austin, the dumb barista who had a crush on her since forever, spill an entire drink on her. At least it was a freaking Frappuccino.

Which lead her to where she is now, lying on her back with an arm draped over her eyes, one leg dangling from her couch and a headache attacking her temples. Honestly, Camila's day was crap, and all she wants to do is sleep.

But there is no such thing as wishes come true, apparently, because no longer than two seconds later Dinah comes bursting through their front door, most likely followed by Normani if the extra footsteps Camila hears are any indication.

"Yo, Chancho! You in here?!" Dinah yells into the apartment, making Camila cringe.

She raises her arm, knowing her friend will be able to see it from the kitchen counter where she always throws her bag upon entering, and growls, making her presence known before letting her arm fall back on her face.

"Damn, I was looking forward to all the wild sex we were gonna have." Normani joked, cackling alongside her girlfriend.

Ugh.

"You." Camila says, sitting up and turning to glare at her friend as she and Dinah make their way across the living room and drop themselves on the other couch. Normani raises her eyebrows in feigned surprise and innocence, but Camila isn't having any of it. She knows. And she knows Normani knows. "You had Dinah put a freaking water balloon inside my car! What the hell, Mani?!"

"What are you talking about, Mila?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed comically and her mouth agape in fake surprise. Camila would laugh if she wasn't so pissed at the world today.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about, don't even try to hide it, Mani!" Camila huffs, crossing her arms.

Dinah is the first to break, failing in holding in her laughter at the sight of Camila's giant pout and tired eyes. Normani doesn't even seem mad at her girlfriend for basically telling on her, joining in with a giggling fit of her own.