A New Beginning

Começar do início

"And why are you dressed like that?" Regina questioned as she looked over her mother's attire.

Cora wore a long crimson gown similar to those she wore in court. Not only was it inappropriate for walking through the muddy grounds, it was certainly too warm and the older woman would soon be uncomfortable.

"I could ask you the same thing. Really Regina, would it kill you to dress up every now and then?" Cora mocked her daughter's choice for a simple sundress.

"Aside from the fact that we are all at a stable, I am also very pregnant and wish to not simmer in my own sweat." Regina indignantly replied.

"Suit yourself. Just remember I warned you." Cora grinned.

"What on earth are you talking about?" Regina exclaimed.

"Regina, never mind Cora. She's just not used to how we do things here. Isn't that right Cora?" Mary Margaret glared.

Cora catching the irate look on the brunette's face decided it best to simply nod and remain quiet.

David walked over and took a seat beside Mary Margaret.

"Is everything ready?" Mary Margaret leaned over and whispered.

"As ready as it ever will be." David smiled.

Suddenly two dwarves walked out of the stable, both unusually dressed and carrying trumpets. They took long strides until they were a few feet from the door. Lifting the trumpets high they both sounded a reverie.

"Since when have they begun announcing the riders? Is this your doing Snow?" Regina asked.

"Well we thought we would bring a little Enchanted Forest tradition today." Mary Margaret smiled.

Regina shrugged her shoulders and continued to watch. A large smile coming to her lips as she watched her son, dressed in an elegant black long vest highlighted with silver brocade. His head held high as he and his horse entered the field first.

"My little prince." Regina gushed, pleased that Henry was wearing her Royal Family's colors.

Then the trumpets sounded once more and Regina gasped nearly falling from her seat as she beheld the next rider.

Emma sat mounted on a white steed dressed also in a long vest, but hers was a brilliant white with elegant gold brocade. The horse also decorated in its own finery of gold.

"I have seen no finer prince." Cora whispered as she smiled at Regina.

Regina was speechless as she watched Emma make her way over to where they sat. Despite trying to keep a stern look, Regina could see the terror in Emma's eyes with riding on such a large animal. She giggled, but felt her heart warm at the knowledge that the blonde was conquering her fear because of her.

Ruby, who had stood quietly from the sidelines, made her way forward to grasp the horses' reins. Belle then presented a small stool to help with Emma's dismount.

Emma cautiously stepped down from the horse, grateful for Belle's quick hand. She nodded her head towards the librarian who winked back.

Cora stood from her seat, then noticing Regina still sat in hers, reached over and helped her daughter stand. Grasping her by the elbow, she walked her out to meet Emma. However, taking one look at Emma's elegant costume, decided to interfere one last time. With a wave of her hand, Regina was dressed in an elegant pale green gown, her hair loose about her shoulders.

Regina suddenly aware of her mother's magic, looked down at herself. Yet instead of becoming angry, she squeezed her mother's hand and mouthed the words thank you.