Hey There 2 - Aoiha

BEFORE YOU START READING: 

                        Have you read the first part of Hey There? If you haven't, you should probably read that first before continuing on with this one.

          Yuu rubbed his hands together, only now just realizing how sweaty they have become. The room was brightly lit and packed with people going along their business, whether it was sitting and waiting for their next flight or running and greeting their loved ones that just got dropped off.

          Yuu slouched in his chair, wrapping his cardigan tightly around him and bringing his knees up to his chest, his feet resting on the seat he sat on. Anxiously, he looked out the huge ceiling to floor window beside him, the early morning sun shining brightly as planes made their successful landings. His heart was beating wildly, in fact, it was beating wildly since he first got the news that Kouyou was finally coming home.

          Finally, after 13 months, Kouyou finally gets to return home, and Yuu will finally get to be reunited with the one he loves most. Joy filled him up as he remembered the very day Kouyou announced this. His smile was beaming the second their connections reached each other and he was displayed across Yuu's laptop screen, and he just knew what that smile could mean. With excitement in his voice and longing in his eyes, he finally said those three words Yuu has been dying to here. I'm coming home.

          A teary eyed Yuu couldn't contain his emotions, ended up spilling tears and sobs of happiness that night, with Kouyou there with him.

          He could barely sleep at all last night, his mind racing with images of him running into Kouyou's arms, images of their embrace and tears, filling him up with so much emotion that just couldn't be put to rest. His heart ached for him so badly, all those lonely nights in his apartment, laying on his couch as the soft breeze of the night air brushed in through the windows, enveloping him in the only comfort he could receive, hoping and wishing for the day he returns, the day they could finally be together again. The day they could finally meet once again, face to face.

          Yuu sighed nervously, glancing down at his phone to see if Kouyou messaged him saying he was here. But unfortunately no message has come yet, and Yuu put his phone back down, resting his head on his knees.

          He looked around the room, eyeing little kids as they ran up to greet their parents, watching grandparents reunite with their kids, seeing people cry and run and embrace each other set off fireworks in his heart, dying for him to live in that moment.

          Soon, he reminded himself, tightening his arms around his legs as he willed his heart to steady. Soon everything will be back to normal, and Kouyou will be back. Soon, he won't have to wake up in the mornings in an empty bed anymore. Soon, he won't have to eat dinner alone in his apartment. Soon Kouyou will be here with him and he'll get to see his smile and hear his laugh and see his eyes light up the perfect way he loved, and the stories he'll share will fill his ears and his words will run in his mind like a movie and his voice will set his heart off in fireworks.

          He closed his eyes, the excitement and fire in him ceasing to burn out as the seconds passed by, anxiously checking his phone for word from Kouyou, but there was nothing.

          Getting up from his seat, he wandered around the area, hoping some movement would rid of his anxiety. Walking with arms crossed, he made his way to the large window, watching the distant planes coming and going. He often wondered where these planes were going, why the passengers were going in the first place. Maybe they're flying to meet their family a few states away, or perhaps they're going on vacation, or maybe even flying their way back home. He wondered if the people on the plane knew how deeply and strongly they will be missed.