Chapter |18|

Lacey aka Saliva Factory👆🏼👆🏼

Chapter |18|

"Do you see anything there?" I yelled as I looked up at Daniel who had climbed a tree, looking for our next clue.

I frowned as I looked back at the paper that held our third clue, leading us closer to the treasure.

I don't have lungs or a chest, but I need air.
I'm not alive but I grow.
I don't have a mouth, yet I hate the taste of water.
What am I?

This couldn't be a tree. Trees are alive and I think they like water too. I mean, I don't know whether they like it or not but they need it to grow.

It needs air but it's not alive.

I looked back at Daniel. "Daniel? I really don't think that's what the clue means. The slip here says that whatever 'it' is, it is not alive. And trees are alive," I reason out.

He paused and started to think. After some thought, he agreed and came back down.

"So what do you think it is?" He asked to which I furrowed my eyebrows.

The treasure hunt was going good till now. The acquaintance thing seemed to be working well. Daniel hadn't been rude to me at all and neither was I, to him.

We had solved two clues until now and by each clue, it was becoming harder and harder to figure out where the next clue could be.

I was about to say something when the speaker on the side pole burst out, producing weird sounds, startling both of us.

"Sorry for that. Um, this announcement is for the participants of the treasure hunt. All of you are supposed to report near the food arena for your one-hour break. You can resume your hunt after this break. If any participant is found searching for clues during the break, the pair will be disqualified from this activity and will receive a negative 5 points," a female voice that sounded like Lisa's spoke through the speakers.

Daniel and I exchanged a glance before shrugging and starting our way towards the cafeteria.

Sun glared at us as we made our way to the food area. It didn't help one bit that I wore thick, heavy belts and full length clothes over the belts.

I was sweating bullets underneath it and I felt uncomfortable. My frustration must've been clear on my face since Daniel seemed amused by all of this.

"Why don't you remove your belts? You'll feel much better that way," he remarked.

I have him a sarcastic smile. "If life was that easy, I'd have been living my life without any obstructions at all."

We walked in silence after that until we reached the food arena. Lisa did a quick head count to ensure that all of the participants were there.

Once she was satisfied, she asked us to have something to eat, but we had to stay with our partners all the time.

Really? Might as well glue us together now. I rolled my eyes at that.

Once we had ordered our food, we went and sat down on one of the tables. I fidgeted with my belts that were slipping down a little due to sweat.

Daniel eyed me amusedly as I kept squirming like a fish out of water.
"It's not funny," I said glaring at him.

He laughed at that and shook his head.

"What ev-," I was cut off as the food came. That was quick.

Immediately my mood brightened and I almost jumped at the sight of red spaghetti noodles and garlic bread. It had been a while since I had these.