Keeping up with The Parvenus

Start from the beginning

Father: Imagine losing the one part of your life that holds everything together. The most important support beam in the center of the room. When it's gone, whole top of the room goes crashing down, even if you try to hold it up with your arms.

Both parents: Did you know Emilee was a "glitch" from the moment she was born? When did you realise your daughter was different from her generation? Why didn't you give her brown eye contacts and dye her hair as a child so that she wouldn't look different?

Father: I knew it from the moment we saw her eyes. They weren't brown, like the doctors assured us they would be.

Nova: I wanted her to be herself. She was beautiful. Why change that? I didn't want her to think that changing her appearance was going to solve her problems.

Author's Input: Nova > Norax (Damn, Kassandra, back at it again with the accidentally similar names. Who could forget the Cartney/Carstan confusion that happens to me all the time.)

Brandyce: When Nova ran away, why were YOU precisely chosen to stay and take care of your siblings? Don't you have any aunts/uncles/grandparents who could've done that? (Kass, did I just find a plot hole?) Who do you blame the most for having to stay back home: Dalton: Emilee, your Dad, Nova, or your government? Why do you take your anger out on the rest of the family?

Brandyce: My dad didn't have any siblings. My mom did, but they were removed from the family––or, well, we were removed. That's why we went to Red in the first place; we were removing ourselves from the section of Eldae where my mother's siblings lived. Dalton and I were kids then, and my mom just had Emilee. I think she's the reason we left––everybody thought she was an disgrace for not looking like her generation. My mom didn't like that.

Author's Input: Plot holes?

NOPE

Also, that whole backstory doesn't really matter, because I just needed a fancy way to not have a plot hole. I don't really call these things plot holes so much as I call them landmines, because I'll be going about my authorly business and suddenly my legs are blown off because there's some concept I never explained that's like BOOM! YOU CAN'T FINISH THIS BOOK WITHOUT EXPLAINING THIS! Don't expect this reasoning about Emilee's family to be a recurring thing because I just totally wanted to prove the lovely Elena wrong, HAHA.

Dalton: Do you miss Emilee? Do you think she was kidnapped or that she ran away? Were YOU kidnapped, or did you ran away? (the latter seems less likely to me, after all, in the fight or flight instinct "Dalton was more of a fighter")

Author's Input: First of all, Elena, you're blowing me away with this textual evidence and the depth of your questions. Distinctly remembering that Dalton quote . . . bravo.

Dalton: I think Emilee ran away. *conveniently ignores the last question about himself.*

@mays29: What did you all do when Emilee disappeared ?

Brandyce: Father still thinks she's around––that she has a job now and isn't in the house as often. That could've been me.

@Kenay1207: Are you still alive Dalton?

Dalton: Maybe??!?

@youre_trash_: What do you think of Emeray?

Dalton: She was a little shy in the beginning. That's all I've really seen of her––I'm not following her story too closely.

Brandyce: She's really pretty, which is frustrating. How do they find those people??

@brg2002: what do you think happen to emilee? / did you look for her?