He put a small square of cheese in my mouth, and it was smoky, smooth, and delicious. I then sat up cross legged and helped myself to a plate and enjoyed our lunch. I was drinking some wine and I asked Kendrew about his vineyards. He perked up and told me about the different varieties, and how each vineyard supported a different kind of grape according to the soil. Each year the same vines would produce grapes that tasted different, according to the weather during the growing season.

He told me he also experimented with different fermenting processes and often conferred with different vintners across the world. Wine making was his hobby and he talked about it for over an hour. I smiled, ate, drank, and just listened to his enthusiasm. When he was done eating he packed everything up and laid back with his hands behind his head.

"I want to take you on a world tour soon, love. I want to show you all my favorite places, eat the different foods, soak up the different cultures. We'll have to mix politics with pleasure, but that's the way things are." He looked over at me, and I was having a hard time staying awake. He smiled and pulled me to his chest as he began purring. I loved it when he did that, some people hummed and my mate purred when he was happy.

I woke up a little later and Kendrew was stroking my arm slowly. I smiled into his chest and took a deep breath. What a perfect afternoon! I knew we'd need to get back soon.

I pulled my head back and just looked at him. He was so at peace right now and was looking into my eyes with so much love. "I love you Kendrew," I told him and lowered my lips to his for a soft kiss.

He reached up a hand and ran his fingertips down the side of my face, over my jaw to my marks. That always sent this electric current through my body and he knew that. I closed my eyes and moaned a little, that always felt so wonderful and made me wet between my legs.

I opened my eyes and we looked at each other. His eyes were such a warm hazel color, almost honey and right now they were the eyes of a happy man. Kendrew sat up while holding me and got something from the bag and held it in front of him. I sat back a little and looked at it, it was a small, square jewelry box.

He opened it and there was a fabulous ring with a huge diamond in it, surrounded by many smaller diamonds. "I love you Aislin and am asking you to marry me."

I looked at him frowning slightly, "I don't understand," is all I could reply. Werewolves didn't get married, it meant nothing to us. The mating was important, the marking and mating is what each of us dreamed about since we were pups.

Smiling at my confusion, Kendrew kissed my lips quickly then explained, "I want you to have my last name, I want to proudly be able to introduce you as my wife in the human world. I am a corporate 'mogul' after all. And I like the ceremony and would love a wedding. I dream of you in a wedding dress walking towards me to accept me and my name."

I shook my head slightly while smiling at him while he slipped the ring on my left hand. "I love you Kendrew. And if you want to get married then I'll marry you, I'll go through the ceremony and take even take your last name." Smiling wider he swooped down and kissed me hard. Kendrew then pulled back and took out some champagne from his magic bag, along with two beautiful crystal glasses.

He filled them, handed one to me, then lightly touched his tip to my glass as he said, "To the future Mr. and Mrs. Highland, King and Queen of the werewolf world. And to Aislin Daire, who 'dared' to annoy the hell out of the King." Smiling he took a sip and I mirrored his actions, remembering the angry and lost she-wolf that I used to be. I was so happy now.

Kendrew stood up and began to take off his clothes. "Want to swim here?" he asked me.

I shook my head 'no', "The water is beyond cold, it's artic cold and the rivers are fed by glacier melt. I love swimming but not here." Kendrew went and jumped in, then surfaced and shouted so the canyon echoed his displeasure.