Chap. Two

Chapter Two

We were about five minutes late as we pulled into the stadium for early morning rehearsals.

I turned to Aaliyah, "if you didn't have to curl your hair we'd be on time."

Aaliyah smirked in return climbing out of the car as I followed hopping out of the back seat. There were plenty of girls waiting outside and I was basically pushed inside the arena by my team, and I just made sure to hold Aaliyah close.

"Wow, you made it." A voice spoke from ahead, I looked up from mine and Aaliyah's small huddle and saw Camila standing there.

"Hey," I smiled nervously.

"I'll see you on stage." With that she turned around and walked away.

"Shawn, can we talk?" Aaliyah asked quietly nudging my arm as I watched Camila walk away, again.

"Yeah, come on." I pulled her with me to the small dressing room up ahead and she sat down across from where I'd sat, Ian sitting down beside me quietly.

"I'm scared," she said quickly looking away and observing the room.

"Scared of what Li?"

"Well, I graduate in the ceremony next week, and that means High school starts soon. I'm not ready for High school Shawn." She put her head in her hands and I could hear her breathing become rushed and heavy.

She was having a panic attack.

It wouldn't be her first, she'd had them a few times now. Mainly about the crowds she has to be in when she's with me.

"Aaliyah, be yourself. That's all that really matters, for now focus on sports and track. Than you can join me in fame when years go on." I smiled as I heard her breathing calm and she looked to me with a small smile on her face.

She had no chance to answer as my dressing team came in to get me ready.

They combed their fingers through my hair, put some makeup on my face and handed me some clothes to change into for the show.

I ended up wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a black short sleeve shirt.

I grabbed my guitar, kissed Aaliyah's cheek and I went out toward the back of the stage

"Ready?" Geoff asked patting my shoulder. I winced at the touch and his face softened when he'd remembered the horrible burn I'd had. "Sorry," Geoff apologized grabbing his guitar and walking away.

I think I made him feel bad.

I rolled my shoulders back, my left one now extremely sore.

"So I'm standing further away tonight." Camila said walking up beside me.

I looked over at her completely astonished at her choice of outfit, it was beautiful.

She had this beautiful black strapless crop top, a shimmering pair of gold shorts and pink heels with gold at the toes. It showed her tan and her features perfectly!

"You look," I paused my eyes scanning her body over and over

"You look," I paused my eyes scanning her body over and over. I was at a loss for words.

"Is it bad? Should I change?" She asked backing up and looking down at what she was wearing.

"No!" I spat, immediately regretting it when her eyes looked at me, she had her eyebrows scrunched in confusion but she had that cute smirk on her face, when she's in a flirty and playful mood. "I mean, you look beautiful," I charmed my cheeks heating up and hers turning pink.

"Well as I was saying, I won't be standing next to you tonight." She muttered hiding her face as she turned around and walked away.

Before she got to far I knew I had to stop her, "wait!" I yelled out. She slowly turned around and raised her eyebrows at me.

That was hot.

"Would you go for dinner with me after the show tonight?" I asked and she sighed running a hand through the front part of her hair.

"Not tonight Shawn." After the words left her mouth she turned around and left, not turning back once.

--------
What did you think about Camila's reaction to seeing Shawn? What about Shawn's advice to Aaliyah's questions did he give good advice? What about Shawn's feeling toward Camila?

I know it's short, I'm so sorry! It's one day early though. It's been such a busy week, and I have a Psychology test next week that I really have to prepare for.

Teaser: Shawn asks Camila out again, after the show. And this time she agrees.

Update: Friday, March 25!