Chap. One

A/N: This story will always be Shawn's point of view! Unless I say different. Also everything in italics below is a memory!

I never really considered what would happen in the future with Camila and I. It went through my head but I'd figured we could work through anything and we'd be fine. It didn't exactly happen like that, and tomorrow I'm supposed to see her for the first time in three months because she's joining the tour for tomorrow's show, again. I last saw her in March in my New York show, when she said to me that everything between us was a mistake.

Anyway, right now Ian and I were walking the streets of Pickering heading toward the mall. "You good?" Ian asked slapping my back, I let out a groan as he hit the sun burn I'd got from Miami two days ago. I could hardly put my shirt on today. "Sorry" Ian mumbled a small chuckle escaping his mouth.

We walked in through the Pet store doors and went toward where the dogs are kept. "I can't believe you want a dog." I said to Ian smiling slightly, I heard a girl shriek but I was never interrupted, amazing actually.

"Look at that one!" Ian smiled pointing to a cute lab that was sleeping in the small glass windowed room.

We stayed for a small amount of time looking at all the dogs and chatting with one of the workers that had gone to school with us and graduated last year with Ian.

Ian was talking as we walked through the mall, and I bet he knew I wasn't listening at all.

You know that feeling, that something big is missing. I've felt that since I let her walk away in February. The fight that blew everything out of proportion and caused me to return home for a month.

Caused me to feel empty.

"-it's the craziest thing!" Ian finished using his hands to show how exasperated he was.

"What are you rambling about?" I asked quietly bringing my hand to my face and rubbing my nose as I felt a sneeze coming on. Damn perfume shops.

"Never mind," Ian muttered looking away. He'd gotten into a fight with Geoff earlier today and he'd been off since. "So tell me, what's going on? You never told me what happened with her." Ian said stopping in front of HMV and going in.

"It's hard to explain," I muttered lifting my hoodie up over my head as one of the staff eyed me.

Ian went back to the records looking through them all before answering, "explain Shawn." He said pulling out the Ed Sheeran one and handing it to me before going back to what he was doing.

I smiled looking at the record in my hands before I looked to the right and saw her groups cd on the shelf. I put the Ed Sheeran record down on top of the records and walked across the small isle picking up the cd.

She looked beautiful on the cover.

She always was, whether she was in sweats and a baggy tee or in a dress with heels.

"We had a fight," I mumbled, "it was big, I yelled she yelled. I said things I didn't mean!"

I cried, feeling the tears come into my eyes. "It was about stupid things that we'd kept pushing aside, things we'd let pile up to come back and hurt us more."

I spoke with a shake of my head, "it was bad."

I stopped and Ian didn't say anything else, but I knew the question would return soon.

I wasn't wrong.

It did, "how bad?" He questioned putting the Ed Sheeran record back where he got it.

"I told her I felt nothing, I told her she meant nothing. She said I was a mistake, that I was no better than Austin. The distance was what ate us alive the most!" I spoke, I was speaking quite harsh and I hadn't noticed until I earned stares from a couple of people. We walked over to where they had the headphone testing and I put a pair of Dr. Dre beats on, and immediately I regretted it once I heard her voice in them. But I didn't take them off, instead I rewinded it and played the song.