FOUR

♡♡♡♡♡COMPETITIVE DANCING♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡
COMPETITIVE DANCING
♡♡♡♡♡

     I ADJUST THE clips in my hair, praying that they would turn out as decent curls but stop when I hear presumably Stiles rattle the front door. Rolling my eyes I quickly run downstairs and open the door, practising my mad expression a few times before doing so. When I open the door it's revealed that I was correct, as a puppy faced Stiles is at the door when I open it.

"I know we're not officially talking but I need help with my tie." He holds a bow tie in the air, an apologetic smile on his face—I seem to be getting a lot of those from him lately.

I roll my eyes, making my way up the stairs."Just close the door behind you. Oh, and it's actually a bow tie, you ape."

"Ape?" He chuckles from further down the stairs, the lock of the door clicking behind him.

"Yes, ape."

I go through the door of my room and close it once Stiles is inside and walk behind the door of my wardrobe, using it as a makeshift dressing screen, shooing stiles over to the mirror. He shrugs his suit jacket on and begins fidgeting with his bow tie as I take off my robe and quickly slip myself into the smooth fabric of my dress in it's place.

I mentally prepare myself as I begin taking out the clips in my hair along with the rollers that were hidden underneath, the pain from pulling on my hair eventually fades as i get to the last one which I need to give a small tug to get out, possibly ripping a few strands of hair out.

"For a minute there I thought you might be in love with me or something." Stiles spoke through the silence as he fiddled with the bow tie that was tangled around his neck.

I freeze for a moment and stare back at Stiles who was still twisting his bow tie in his hands until he glances towards me and I compose myself. I let out a scoff and peek my head out from behind my wardrobe door. "Stiles, you will forever be the boy who wiped bogeys on my favourite party dress, okay? Don't flatter yourself."

He laughs at my words, untying the knot that he had clumsily created. "Good. I know boy-girl friendships can be quite complicated sometimes but you know I'm always here if you need to talk."

Why did Stiles have to be cheesy like that all of the time? He knew I hated cheesy.

I close my wardrobe, stepping into Stiles' view through the mirror as he continued to tug on his bow tie, I knew he would never succeed with that, his small amount of brain cells simply couldn't handle it.

"What do you think?" I ask, Stiles staring at me for a little longer than I would have considered normal. "Boobs au naturel or pushed up? In or out?" I ask, balling my small hands into fists and pushing against my chest to give the effect of a bra and then let go.

"Well, uh, I mean, it depends. Is it for dancing, or is it, um..." Stiles drags on causing me to stifle a laugh.

"Hmm," I pretend to ponder before walking over to him, helping straighten out his monstrosity of a bow tie. "Who knows."

    ♡♡♡♡♡

     STILES AND I drive closer to the hotel where the dance was being hosted, his powder blue jeep sticking out from the rest of the typical red, black and silver cars.

"So, where is this tool meant to be meeting you?" Stiles questions.

"You're so rude!" I exclaim, softly slapping his arm but attempting to seal my smile by biting my lip. "Um, I think at the front."

We park in the spot nearest the entrance and scan the area for Jackson who I notice after a few seconds, standing in a suit that looked practically the same as every other boys. He quickly catches my eye through the window and flashes me a smile before making his way over to the jeep.

"Hey, gorgeous." He greets as he opens the car door and reaches for my hand, planting a kiss on it causing me to let out a sound of surprise, a small smile stretching on my crimson painted lips -- however, Stiles' reaction seemed to be quite the opposite.

Taking Jackson's hand, I step to the ground and give Stiles a quick goodbye and begin to walk away. Jackson's arm snakes it's way around my waist as he muttered a smug 'see ya' to Stiles, him replying with a barely audible 'wanker' which made me grin but quickly recover when Jackson looks my way.

When we make our way into the dance it's already in full swing with streamers and balloons dangling from the high ceilings of the hall that was lit with colourful spotlights darting around the room, whole crowds of people dancing horribly to the current song playing. Jackson and I joined in, our dancing just as bad everyone else's, including Stiles' and Malia's who had just entered the hall behind us.

After a while it had become a competition between Stiles and Malia and Jackson and I simply to show off. It was ridiculous but so were we which was proved as Stiles and I stared at each other rather than our dancing partners. It started out innocent, Stiles giving me a smile as he did the cheesiest dance move, his two left feet becoming painfully obvious but as Malia crept closer to Stiles and they began locking lips, Jackson and I did the same, our bodies sandwiching together which was far more uncomfortable than enjoyable.

As I stare at the couple across the dance floor Jackson becomes considerably closer, his breath aired against my ear, giving me shivers—and, no, not in a good way.

"Want to get a room?" He breathes, causing my breath to hitch.

I nod my head hesitantly, gulping as my throat began to close up and my chest began to tighten. Jackson took my hand in his and dragged me out of the hall. Before we exited I stole a stray glance at Stiles who was now frozen in place, watching me go out the door.

It's fine, this is what everyone does on "prom night", even if this wasn't officially a "prom" I'm sure that Stiles and Malia would be doing the exact same thing only a few minutes after us, right?

♡♡♡♡♡

A/N: for those of you who don't follow me and/or haven't seen the posts on my message board, i've been having trouble with wifi but i tried sitting on the floor, right next to my router and the wifi connected but now my butt is numb. oh well. on another note, i published a plot shop and i'll probably post a plot soon since i have wifi (kinda) now so check it out! (no pressure).  oh, and don't worry, i cringed writing that just as much as you did reading it and the next chapter will be mildly sexual but i won't be trying to make it sexy, it will probably be more awkward that anything tbh. and if you've seen the movie then you already know what scene i'm talking about so don't be expecting heavily descriptive smut or anything (sorry to disappoint)

[unedited]