PROLOGUE

♡♡♡♡♡WEDDING SPEECHES♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡
WEDDING SPEECHES
♡♡♡♡♡

     HERE I SIT, at a table covered in decorative flowers with my curled hair and my fancy dress -- which was honestly hideous -- that I'll likely only wear once, on the verge of collapsing from anxiety with tears gathering in the corners of my eyes. How the hell did it all come to this and how do I get out of it? This is my best friend's wedding, what do I say? I could start from the beginning. How we met, on those space hoppers during play time*, I could tell them about the countless times that Stiles ate the notes that we were passing in class to keep the teacher from reading them, I could tell them about us talking about what we wanted to do when we grew up; travel the world, how we would show each other on that light up globe i had bought with my pocket money* and how if it wasn't for my finger landing on a certain part of the globe then none of them would be here, or maybe that's a little harsh. Or I could tell them about him telling me his weird dreams, the one with him in the rowing boat, no, he was the rowing boat--the rollock to be exact. But, maybe that's too personal, I'll keep those as our secret.

I'll tell them that this is, that this has to be one of the happiest days of my life. It's my best friend's wedding, of course it is, at least it should be.

Allison breaks me out of my trance by clanking her fork against her champagne glass, nodding for me to begin. I stand from my seat, clutching onto the piece of paper in my hand as if it was my life source and attempt to pull myself together enough to speak to the crowd that had began to gather and sit on their chairs, Stiles being one of them. God, I wasn't ready for this.

"For those I haven't had the chance to say hi to properly, I'm Lydia," I choke out, catching my bottom lip between my teeth for a moment to form my words. "And this has got to be one of the happiest days of my life."

That sounded believable, even I would have believed myself if it wasn't for the fact that the rest of my day was spent sobbing into my pillow and feeling sorry for myself.

♡♡♡

A/N: i'm really excited for this because as some of you may remember, i had this book published previously, however, later unpublished it because i wasn't able to update all of my books but now i'm in control of my books so i decided to bring it back. and just a quick reminder, you don't need to have watched love, rosie to read this because it can be told as a regular stydia story. it will be set in england since that's pretty essential to the storyline however you can imagine them wherever you want, i'll be using british terms like pocket money so in case people don't know what they mean i'll put a * beside the word and tell you the more common used english word for it like below.

*play time - recess
*pocket money - allowance