Jordan C8

*Slam*
Dang, someone must be pissed, I thought as I heard a door slam downstairs. I looked over at my alarm clock and saw I had lost a whole two minutes of sleep before my alarm was set to go off because of whoever is slamming doors so early in the doggone morning. I threw on a pair of basketball shorts and headed downstairs to see what was going on. No one was in sight, so I went to Zens' door to see if she was there.

"Yo, Z? You good?", I got no response so I continued to knock. Still no response, I looked outside and saw her car still in the driveway and Martin car was gone so I went and opened her door.

"Hey Z, I'm coming in"

When I entered the room all I heard was sniffling. She was laying under her comforter, covered from head to toe, I could tell she was crying. I walked over and sat at the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong baby girl? Something happened with you and Martin? I heard doors slamming"

The sniffling turned into downright crying and she still would not respond to me. Once I headed towards the door to leave and get ready for class, I heard her make a sound.

"What was that Z?" I asked concerned

"He beat me again"

"What? What the hell Zen, why do you put up with this guy?"

"It's not always bad Ty, I just always do and say dumb things"

"No, there is no reason for a man to put his hands on a woman. You can't blame yourself for this. I don't understand though, I heard when he came over last night and you both seemed really happy."

"Yes, last night was amazing. But this morning when he was about to leave to go see his son from Kendra before he went to school I asked him if-... You know what, it's a long story and I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Zendaya!" I yelled as I pulled her up from under the covers grabbing her by her arms. I saw her face black and blue from the punches and her leaking busted lip. She cried harder.

"Zen, Zen, Zen! This is the worst I've seen you. This is bad. You have to leave him. You have to, this man is going to kill you. You can do so much better. You don't deserve this, stop blaming yourself. If I see him again, I'm going to see how much he likes being punched in the face and beaten."

"No Ty, I'll handle it."

"You'll handle it? just like you handled it this morning right? Hell no, you're like my little sister, I refuse to have a man do this to you and get away with it."

"Please don't do anything stupid Ty. You have a lot going for you right now and you wouldn't want to mess that up"

"I got this Zen, don't worry about it. Just don't answer any calls or texts from him. You need to go to the courthouse today and file a domestic violence restraining order on him in the mean time."

"I can't Ty, he'll leave me."

"Wow, I am speechless right now Z, I have never been more disappointed in you."

"Ty, let's just forget about this please, I'll go make you and Jacoby some breakfast now"

"Forget about it? Have you not seen your face Zen? And no, I'll pick something up on the way for us, you just need to stay in bed and rest until you go to the courthouse. Wait, don't you have class today? What are you going to do?"