Jordan C2

"I hope it's me you're dreaming about" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I turned to see Zendaya; My best friend of twenty-one years who is also my roommate in our spacious three-bedroom two bath apartment. I smiled as what she whispered to me processed in my mind.

"I was actually dreaming about Rochelle and the baby. We were a family. It was a very nice dream. "

I saw Zendayas' face with a slight frown. I know she wants the best for me and wants me to let go of the past, but I can't just yet. See, Rochelle is my ex, well she was my fiance. We were on and off in a relationship for six years and was expecting our first child together; Our daughter Desirée, but sadly she had so many complications during her pregnancy, went into labor three months early and passed away while giving birth and so did our daughter. I lost both of them at the same time. That was a year ago but it seems like it was just yesterday when I was rubbing on her stomach feeling my little girl kicking and moving around. My heart will never heal from this pain.

"I know what you're thinking Zen, but I just need more time okay"

"I know you do Ty, I just know it's not healthy to still hold on like you do". She calls me by my middle name Tyrell; Ty for short. "So how was your little meet and greet the other night?"

"It was amazing Zen, I start my internship at YEMC in the IT department today, I'm super excited about that."

"Oh wow, that is awesome, I'm happy for you hun, you're moving on up"

"Yes, and CiCi was there, I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she looked radiant. I wanted to take her home and..."

"Yo Ty!" Zen interrupts, "I swear you're the typical black man! You make your way up out the hood and find you a white girl instead of finding yourself a black queen"

"She's just a friend Z, chill! I'm just saying she was looking good that night. You know I love my chocolate girl"

"Yeh okay, if you say so Jordan"

Whenever she called me Jordan, I knew she wasn't happy. If I didn't know any better I'd thought she was crushing on me a little. She always got mad when I talked about another girl. But she has way too much going on for me. I would never think about dating her, plus she already has a man and he is crazy as hell, Two kids by two different women and boy they are all ghetto as hell! I did admire her though. She is a beautiful dark skin who had a rough upbringing as I did. She managed to crawl out of the hood and make a name for herself. She attends Winnarch Community College studying to become a Freelance Web Designer. She already has her own website up and running. I just wish she would drop her no good, still stuck in the hood boyfriend and find someone better. I am almost positive he is still messing around with both his baby mother's and other women. But you can't tell her that. She will jump to his defense in a hot second.

*beep beep beep beep*
My phone alarm goes off, it's time to get ready for my CPSC class and to drop Jacoby to school, after that I have to head to the hospital for the first day of my internship. Jacoby is my little brother. He is three years old and I am his court ordered legal guardian. I had no choice but to take full custody of him when my parents were thrown in prison serving life sentences. They were like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, or at least they tried to be. They were charged for two counts of armed robbery, burglary of a dwelling, child neglect, drug trafficking and attempted murder. It's sad to know they will never be free again, but maybe being in prison is what's best for them and now I can show Jacoby a good life; the thing that I never had growing up. Following my parents, I joined a gang at the age of thirteen and starting dealing drugs myself, but when they went away three years ago, I had to make a change for myself and for my brother.