one: stuck together

"He's escaped" 

"What do you mean he's escaped?" 

"I mean, he has escaped"

"Well shit,"

She stood in the doorway of her family home. Her lips pursed in confusion and frustration . She was leant up against the door frame, her fringe spilling over the left side of her face as it always did. I didn't like it some days, it covered her eyes, they are the most beautiful of blues, when you look into them you feel as if your floating in the ocean. Her tunic was tight, showing off her every curve and her skirt was  hiked up a little shorter than usual,still armed with spikes and skulls.

"So will that be all Haddock?" She spat.

"I, um well," I struggled to fit the words through my trembling mouth.

It's not like I felt nervous around her, I mean well maybe I did. Maybe it's just because I knew how much she despises me, Not that I think she'd ever actually try to hurt me or anything, but there was just something about Astrid Hofferson that made me a little less confident. It is hard to be normal when you actively try to engage in a conversation with someone you know desperately hates you.

"Well??" I could tell she was losing her patience. 

"We've been ordered to act" I found my words.

"Ordered to act from who?"

"My dad" I said sheepishly, scratching the back of my head.

See my dad has some sort of authority over Astrid that I do not, He is the chief of Berk. Anything he says, goes. And Astrid knows that.

She folded her arms, stepping a little closer to me."I can't just abandon my post at the Berk guard for one of your little adventures Haddock, Dagur doesn't have the money to attack" She huffed, flipping her fringe out of her eyes with a swift flick of her head.

Astrid and I had a funny thing going. We'd kind of been stuck together since we were kids. We were pretty close, but then as years passed, we seemed to slip back into our old habits. Soon enough Astrid had her things going on and I had mine. Whether she liked to admit it or not we did make a pretty good team. The whole reason why Dagur was in a cell in the first place was because of us. But Astrid was now with the Berk guard, protecting and serving our Island was what she did best. And I stuck with my dragon training. If any dramatic threat rose ,  the other dragon riders, Ruff, Tuff, Snotlout, Fishlegs and I could count on Astrid to join us last minute. She'd never train with us, but when a battle broke out, she always seemed to know exactly what to do. Her Deadly Natter, Stormfly and Herself seemed to merge into one. Once I remember she'd told me that Stormfly and her did their own special training sessions, I'm not to sure if they still happen now days. 

"We have to go" I tried to reason with the strong Viking standing in front of me, only inches away from my own body. "We're going to set out a base out of the archipelago an-"

"OUT OF THE ARCHIPELAGO?" I winced at her loud words " ARE YOU NUTS?"

"Possibly" I answered. My feet found the stairs and I began to trace my way back to Toothless.

"Pack your things, everyone else is coming, We're leaving first thing tomorrow morning," I concluded, finding a scrap of my confidence hidden deep within my insides.

With a big huff, the Hofferson door was slammed shut. I was taking that as the closest thing to a yes.

"C'mon bud, lets hope that worked" 

Toothless seemed to be completely aware of what had just gone down. He sympathetically gave me a smile and pushed his head into my chest. I stroked him back. Once he'd had enough I mounted into his saddle. With a small tap we were off and into the sky.

Looping, Swooping and Diving we made it back to our house, it sits on the largest point of Berk, You can see every part of the village from our home. 

We landed right out the front of the house, A large snort blew out of Toothless. Reassuringly a gave him a kind pat. Cautiously , Toothless and I walked up to our house. My father didn't appear to be home. I had only stepped a foot onto the rickety floorboards until a booming voice called from behind me.

"Son, we need to talk"

"Daaaaaaaddddd, what is it?"

"Astrid said yes I presume" He pushed past me and went through the front door. He sat down in his big armchair and invited me to sit down with him. Politely, I declined and stood infont of him.

"Uhh, Sure, I think?"

"Son you don't have to be scared of her I know you sort of like he-"

"Dad, No. that was a long time okay"

"Alright, Alright" His laughs bounced off the wall, they seemed to of been conjured from the bottom of his belly.

"Get anything more out of Johann?"

"Nothing, He's been pretty shaky about the whole 'Dagur stealing his ship and sailing to the beyond' thing"

"Son, This is serious, I need you and your dragon riders on top of this, Dagur needs to be put back in his cell on Outcast Island, right now he could be anywhere"

"I know dad, we think he may be lurking just outside the archipelago, we've never flown out so far before, but we'll be out tomorrow , for Berk" I concluded, assuring my dad thoroughly that the other dragon riders and I had this all under control.

Before, My father and I didn't have the best of relations. Berk used to be a place of kill or be killed. Dragons and Vikings were always fighting, But I stood up to this, I knew we could be friends of the dragons. At first, Dad and I didn't see eye to eye but now, He's been so much more cooler with it all. Now we live among each other in harmony. This was about 5 years ago, though.  

"That a lad, now go get some sleep, you've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow" He got up from his chair and as lovingly as Stoick the Vast gets, slapped me on the back. "You too dragon."

I nodded and tiptoed upstairs with toothless. I chucked my armor off and crawled under my covers.

"Night bud" I call into the blackness of my room. In response , Toothless growled loudly. The room lit up as he blasted his bed, He often did this, he'd walk around and around in circles until he was satisfied with his bedding.

Hours passed and the quiet grumble of Toothless's snores filled the room but I was still wide awake. I couldn't get her off my mind. It had been ages since I'd been forced to talk to Astrid. It was oddly satisfying actually, instead of just creepily watching her practice with Stormfly or throwing her axe at targets without her knowledge. The same hate had still burnt in her perfect blue eyes though with every word I spoke. 

This mission was going to be a whole lot harder than I had originally planned for.

(A/N AYYYEEEE what do you guys think so far, don't you worry, its about to get drama loaded and heaps cray, um, yeah  :) :) Im so excited you have no idea. I love Astrid kinda being like this, just a little more dark and Bad Ass, yyeesssss, :) :)