Fix You- Children of the Damned

Start from the beginning

She cast me an unreadable glance before sighing too and looking down at the cover her grimoire.

"You're probably right."

~~~~~

Jeremy sat at his desk, filling his sketch with the proper shaded areas, his brow creased in concentration. I smiled as I watched him. I always loved watching him draw. He always seemed so at peace when he did and I was one of the only people in the world he ever let watch his whole process.

Sensing me watching him, he looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hey," I returned his greeting. "Sorry for staring, it's just been a while since I've watched you draw."

"Don't worry about it. It's only a little creepy," he teased. "There's been worse."

"Has there?" I raised an eyebrow. "Like who?"

"Anna," he replied. "I met her at the library. She showed up at the decades dance, did I tell you that?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"You didn't mention that," I said. "Wow. She's really in to you."

"She's a little bit of a stalker chick. She left me a voicemail saying she wants to meet at the Grill tonight."

"Huh," I said. "You're right. She could be a stalker chick. Or maybe she just really likes you and that's her way of asking you out."

He scoffed.

"Or maybe she's just weird."

"Do you like her?"

He looked back at his drawing.

"I don't know," he admitted quietly.

I smiled slyly at him.

"Is that blush I see?"

"Shut up."

I laughed and sat on his bed behind him.

"So what makes her weird?" I asked him. "The fact that she goes to the library?"

"No. It's just...she believes vampires are real," he laughed. "And she really wanted to see Jonathan Gilbert's journal."

My face dropped at that.

"Why did she want to see it?" I asked, trying not to sound too curious or suspicious.

"No idea. Mr. Saltzman has it anyway. He was curious about it because I wrote that essay for extra credit on it," he told me before turning back to his sketch. "Kinda weird how so many people want to know about it now out of the blue."

"Who else asked about it?"

"Elena and Stefan were looking for it earlier. Must be something in the air making people want to see the thing."

"Maybe," I mused.

~~~~~

I hopped down the last step of the stairs, feeling confused as I started heading toward the kitchen where I heard the sound of voices.

"Hello, Sam," he greeted before I entered the room.

Confused by the sight before me, I looked at Damon weirdly. He was cutting tomatoes on the island counter with a towel thrown over his shoulder while Jenna sat on the one in front, a glass full of wine in her hand.

"Hey," she greeted me with a smile. "Good to see you've come down from your room finally. We're cooking dinner."

"Oh," I smiled, still wanting to know what Damon was doing here. "It smells great."