I Want to Be With You

Start from the beginning

"Scott," Liam said, turning slowly to stare down the hall, "That guy's not moving at all."

The five followed the blood trail to a bus and Aspen's heart stopped. Bodies piled upon bodies hung out of a bus, bright red blood smeared on the yellow surface.

Aspen resisted the urge to bury her head in Liam's shirt at the hideous scene when Scott lifted a finger. "Look..."

There was a boy, younger than she was, still living. He reached a hand out towards them. "Help me.."

Aspen was already on her way to the boy before anyone could stop her, Liam calling out her name quickly.

Scott was just about to join her when Parrish appeared. "It's a trap!" The Hellhound growled. Aspen stopped half way to the bus, her shoes scraping against the gravel. Her head snapped back to the injured boy. "Please," he whimpered. "You can't help him," Parrish told her. She started forward again only to come to a brief stop when the Beast roared from its hiding spot and began to race toward her end of the bus.

A blazing hot hand grabbed her shoulder and yanked her backwards, making her fall flat on her butt as Parrish raced past her.

Liam darted down the her and helped her to her feet, pulling her back with him next to Stiles.

"That big," Stiles said, "No one said it was that big.."

"I did," Aspen breathed in defense, staring at the Beast in horror as it sliced through the boy, knocking the other half of his body out of the bus.

Parrish launched himself at the Beast, flames engulfing him entirely.

"What's happening?" Scott asked Chris as the beast turned and ran, Parrish following. Chris reluctantly replied.

"It's getting smarter."

-/-

Aspen sighed, running a hand through her blonde hair as she sat down on the edge of her bed beside Liam. Hayden had left a note saying she got tired of the chair and went home. "We've still got a few hours before school," she said, "But I don't think I can go back to sleep after that."

Liam cursed. "The charity game's tomorrow.."

Aspen sat up. "It's tomorrow?"

Liam nodded and ran his hand through his hair. Amongst the chaos around them, they had both forgotten completely. And that was major, considering they were the only two sophomores on the team

Yes, as much as she was ashamed to admit it, Liam had taught her how to play over those few blissful, supernatural free months, and she had made the team. At first Aspen was a bit self conscious but with Kira there, she felt better about it. That just added to how much she missed Kira over the summer. Though it didn't really help Liam's anger issues when she beat him, but he got used to it.

Liam grinned and kissed her once. "What was that for?" she frowned. He shrugged. "For being cute." Aspen rolled her eyes playfully as she pressed her lips to his.

Liam's hands tangled themselves in her hair as she pulled herself over him, her hips resting on his. He pulled away from her gently, solemn eyes looking at her and he brushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You know I would never keep anything from you unless I thought it was going to protect you," he told her softly. She frowned at him. "Liam-"

"No, I.. I thought I was keeping you safe. I knew you'd do anything to keep Hayden safe and.. I didn't want you to get hurt," he stammered, "I just.. I love you so much. " Aspen kissed him gently again.