Prologue - The First Beating, Birthday Party

I do NOT own Naruto. It is owned by Masashi Kimimoto. I only own Heiwa Uzumaki and Shinrei Uchiha, which are OCs of mine. Thank you!

And of course, I'm putting it here too, in case you skipped it in the pre-story AN:
Edit 5/17/018 - Why are you guys still reading this? It's really bad There's a rewrite up under the name of "If Only I Could Leave." It's a lot better and I've already planned out up to chapter 7 of the sequel (the actual rewrite has 26-32 chapters because I've planned stuff out, but I'll probably be adding stuff). Once you finish reading this one, please go check it out. It's only got about 3 chapters so far, but I like it a lot better than this one.  

~Timeskips, POV changes, etc.~

"Talking."

Thoughts.

'Tailed beasts talking to their Jinchuuriki, or other Jinchuuriki, in the mindscape.'

'Jinchuuriki talking to their tailed beasts, or other Jinchuuriki, in the mindscape.'

"Tailed beasts talking outside of the mindscape, or talking through their Jinchuuriki."

"Other Jinchuuriki (plus Heiwa) talking in the mindscape."

(Quick A/N made while I was writing)

----------------------------

~No POV~

A three-year-old blonde ran through the streets of Konoha, the light of the moon turning his gold locks slightly silver. Villagers and even a few ninjas were chasing after him. It was October 10th, the blonde's birthday, or, as the villagers called it, The Day of Revenge. The blonde hated this day. It was the only day the nobody protected him from the mob of villagers. Oh how much he hated this day.

The blonde turned down an ally, only to find it a dead end. The mob of villagers and ninja filed into the ally, torches, kunai, knives, and shuriken in hand. The very first one kicked the blonde to the ground. A groan of pain sounded from his lips. He quickly covered his mouth, but the upset villagers heard it. Small laughs went through the crowd.

All the blonde boy could feel was the pain. Unbearable pain. The pain was from stabs, burns, cuts, punches, and kicks. There were screams of agony that could drive somebody mad, yet no one was there to help the three-year-old.

Although there was one person, who usually did. She had just gotten back from a mission. Upon hearing the blood-curdling screams, she froze. Her teammate looked back at her.

"Heiwa, you alright?" he asked.

"N-Naruto..." the girl, now known as Heiwa, said, sounding devastated.

"It's just that demon brat." the guy responded.

Heiwa had him on the ground in an instant, her mouth next to his ear, a kunai at his throat. "Call my cousin that, one. More. Time." she threatened.

The guy swallowed loudly and shook his head.

"Good," Heiwa said, getting off of the Chuunin. She jumped to the rooftops, the screaming getting louder. She couldn't help but shake.

Naruto... Heiwa thought. I'll be there soon...

Back in the ally, Naruto was covered with stab wounds, cuts, and bruises. A ninja was crouched next to him. Naruto's blue eyes were dull and filled with pain. The Chuunin next to him had a sinister grin on his face.