Chapter 42

"Official kidnap"

Vanessa screamed "Baby! I was so worried about you!"

She ran towards Caliope, who was resting on her bed, then Pronab held her and stopped her just a few inches of reach. She was caught by surprise, and looked at him a little shocked.

"Hold on please... and let her speak..."

"Let me go..."

"Nessa... is not safe... for now please... he is just trying to protect you..."

Vanessa looked back at her then at Pronab once more, she nodded and once Pronab released her she sat next to her on the bed, locking her fingers together on her lap.

"Thank you..."

"Ok... what is going on? What happened? Are you ok?"

"I am... I am very well... I just... remember when I told you that I would become something else after this ceremony...? It apparently changed some things in me..."

"Those powers you were talking about... you can harm me?"

"I had something resembling a power before the ceremony... I did not know how I activated it or how to make it work... not exactly... but now, it has become enhanced..."

"So now you have a superpower, is that it?"

Caliope chuckled, and Vanessa giggled with a smile. No matter what, they could always make each other laugh and relax. Pronab sat down close to them and Vanessa looked at him with a sincere smile.

"I was able to go through people's memories and see what they saw, what they experienced... now I can do it with anyone who touches me, or whoever I touch... we don't know yet how I can control it... I heard Maxwell will do a few investigations towards this..."

"And where did Amra go? He is rarely, if not ever, far from you... do you go through his memories as well?"

"No, he is the only one I can't affect directly... he shielded himself from outside powers, and that included me... it is good... or else I would lose my mind without being able to rest in his arms... he is with Elaine excusing me to the other guests..."

"Oh baby... I am so sorry... I wish I could hug you... but I am worried you would see everything inside my head... I am not so scared of you yet..."

Caliope smiled "I am so glad to hear that! Hahaha..."

"...is it the same? With humans and Angels?"

"I don't know... we only tried it with them... by direct touch or through clothes... each time I could see everything... so we didn't want to risk it... Nessa...!"

Before she could finish, Vanessa already gave a quick jump and hugged her friend. She squeezed her tight and suddenly started shaking. Caliope screamed as Pronab tried to pull them apart. When they finally did Vanessa had fainted, and Caliope was crying and sobbing. Shortly enough, Amra was rushing through the doors towards her. "My love!"

She was crying with her eyes closed and as soon as she felt Amra's arms around her she held tightly to him.

"Calm down my love... calm down... take a deep breath..."

"Nessa... is she... alive?"

Pronab was checking her pulse and nodded at her, he pulled her body to a couch on the side and laid her there slowly, with extreme care. Caliope looked at her and shook her head, then she looked at Amra and sobbed. "She is so stubborn... so stubborn!"

"Oh no! What happened?!" Elaine was rushing into the room to face the scene, she headed to check on Vanessa and then turned to look at Caliope.

"They were just talking, and Caly was telling her why they couldn't touch... when she asked her if we tested this with humans, Caly said no, and she rushed to hug her... after that..."