I try to give him a smile. "I'm just tired."

"The school let you leave because you are tired?" My mother questions me, visibly she is not happy.

"No, I told them I don't feel good." I know my mom doesn't approve, but I hope she can understand. "Dinah and I got into an argument. Please can I go upstairs? I've had a terrible day."

My mom looks at me long and hard. "Okay go, but don't make leaving school a habit. Arguments happen with friends, you can't run from them all the time."

"Okay." I agree with her.

I start going upstairs and realize I have a follower.

"Carter got back down here." My mom tells the boy.

Carter hurries up the stairs and latches his arms around my leg. "Save me!"

"Carter, you know it's nap time." My mom tries reasoning to the boy. "Come down here please."

The grip on my leg gets tighter. "Can I sleep with you please?"

He pushes his bottom lip out and I have no idea how anyone could say no to that. "He can lay in my room."

My mom easily agreed. I don't think she wanted to cause Carter to get upset. I take the three year old to my room. I take off my shoes as Carter climbs up in my bed and makes himself comfortable.

I crawl into bed and Carter instantly lays his head on my chest. "Mommy rubs my back to help me fall asleep."

Mommy... As in Lauren... I'm napping with Lauren's son. The girl who is causing my heartache.

Lauren POV

"Yo Lauren." Someone yells out as I was walking to my car. "We need to talk now."

I stop and turn to see Camila's best friend approaching me. "I don't have time to talk. I have somewhere to be."

"I don't care. You and I are going to talk now."

I turn back around and go to my car. I get in the driver's seat and when I shut the door I hear another door shut.

"What the fuck!" I curse at the girl who got in my car without my permission. "Get out."

"Thought you could get rid of me like that? No chick." Dinah laughs as if this is a game. "Not until you and I have a nice little chat."

This girl is straight up crazy. "I barely know you. We have nothing to talk about."

"Oh you will get to know me. We both have a common interest." Dinah says in a threatening voice. "I know about Camila and you."

I really do not want to have a conversation about Camila with her.

"Do you know Camila likes you?"

I nod. "Yes. She told me."

"So you think it's okay to fuck with her?" Dinah snaps. "She is distancing herself from her friends and today she looked upset. What the hell are you doing to her?"

She is quick to make accusations. "I'm not doing anything to her." I counter back at the girl. "Whatever is going on with Camila and me is our business, not yours."

Dinah starts shaking her head. "That's where you are wrong sweetie. Camila is my best friend or she was. She chose whatever secrets you have over our friendship."

Is that why Camila was upset?

"Do you even care about her or are you just messing with her heart?" Dinah has the nerve to question me. "You do realize Camila just told me she is gay. Do you realize how hard that was for her? The last thing she needs is some straight girl screwing with heart because you are bored with your life."

I can't tell if this girl is a bitch or a very protective friend. Either way, I don't appreciate the way she is approaching me and I will be damned if I let her talk to me like this.

"I think you need to back off." I told her. "Camila and I can talk about us when needed, not when you demand."

Dinah huffs. "You know Camila left school crying today right? You are lucky I don't slap you for hurting my friend."

The nerve of her... "Slap me if you want! That won't change the guilt you feel for making Camila try to break her loyalty to someone so you can get what you want from her."

"This isn't over between you and me." Dinah opens the door. "If you keep hurting her, you won't see the last of me."

I wince when she slams the door. That girl is intimidating as fuck.

I drive away from the school and go to pick my son up. I walk up to the door and ring the bell waiting.

When the door was open, Sinu greeted me, which was unusual since usually it's Carter running at me.

"Hey where is Carter?" I question right away.

She looks towards the stairs. "He is up in Karla's room. I tried to get him to come down here, but he won't."

Did I ever mention how strange it is to hear Camila be referred to as Karla?

"You are probably going to have to go up there." Sinu advises. "I have tried everything."

I nod. "Okay."

I walk up the stairs and towards the room. I push the door open quietly. There on the bed lies Camila with Carter snuggled up to her. Her arm is holding him and it makes my heart pump fast.

I clear my throat trying to get one of them to wake up without startling them.

It failed. Camila jumped up, but luckily Carter remained asleep. The brunette turns her head towards me and looks confused. "What are you doing here?"

I point to her bed. "Your mom said she couldn't get Carter to come downstairs."

Camila turns her head towards my son. She gently rubs his back. She is very gentle with him as if it comes so naturally. "Carter. Your mommy is here."

Carter slowly stirs awake. "Mommy?" His sleepy voice calls out.

"I'm right here baby." I assure him.

He sits up and rubs his eyes. "Mommy Camila is sad." I look at Camila who looks down as if she is afraid to look at me. "Make her feel better Mommy."

Now Carter too... "Carter, can you go downstairs and have Sinu get your shoes on so I can talk to Camila real quick?"

Camila picks him up and puts him on the ground. "Okay."

He walks out of the room leaving Camila and me. "Sorry he slept so long." Camila breaks the silence.

"It's fine." I move side-to-side feeling nervous which is unusual. "Are you feeling any better?"

Stupid question to ask... "Not really."

"I'm sorry for anything I have done to cause you pain." I tell her sincerely. "Zayn will have Carter this weekend again, maybe do you want to go out to eat and talk? We can clear the air of everything and have no interruptions such as bells or a sick kid."

Camila takes a deep breath. "You don't have to do that Lauren. I get it. Trust me I get it."

"I want to." I walk towards her bed and grab her hand. "Please?"

She looks down at our hands. "Okay."

"MOMMY LET'S GO!" Carter yells from downstairs.

"No distractions." Camila laughed which was nice to hear. "Have a good night Lauren."

I let go of her hand. "You too Camz."