Chapter Fourteen

"No, no, no, what have you done-" I rambled in a crazy state.

Why Chase? I mean chose anyone else in the school just not him. That guy screams trouble.

"What?" Isabelle asked completely oblivious.

"Do you know who he is?" I asked after a long silence.

"Yeah. Well not really. I just recently met him but he's a gentlemen and nice" she continued saying the complete opposite to what he is.

"Alright stop-" I said and Isabelle finally listened "- Chase Hill is the school's bad boy, he basically uses girls then dumps them. I don't mean to be rude and it's nothing personal but that's going to happen to you. He basically doesn't have a heart and well if he does it's made out of steel" I said and looked at Isabelle who was staring at me with an unconvinced look.

"How do you know?" Isabelle asked.

"Isabelle, I watched him everyday making out with a girl and then dumping her for another, it's a never ending cycle"I tried explaining.

"What if he changed?" Isabelle said.

"There are many what if's, but I'm just trying to protect you. I swear to god I will torture him for the rest of his life if he hurts you" I warned.

"Well I guess that's fair" Isabelle said.

"And you can't stop me because he deserves it, for how many girls hearts he hurt" I said.

I knew it was wrong to let her go out with him. But it is her life and if she wants to I can't stop her.

"So when's the first date?" I asked trying to be positive.

"Tomorrow night" She replied in excitement.

~ next day ~

Isabelle and I had science together which I'm thankful for as Charlie's not in my science class. Speaking of Charlie, I haven't seen her all day. It's weird since Charlie knows she's been missing too much school and risks repeating year 12 if she misses any more.

We sat down in class thankfully early, by about a minute or so, for me that's pretty early but anyway.

The bell went and of course Chase came in late. The teacher just gave him a detention slip and said for him to sit down. To much of my surprise the teachers had stopped asking questions as it was the same constant dumb excuses.

The day flew by fast and it was lunchtime. Isabelle originally asked if it was alright for her to sit with Chase and even though I wanted to say no, I said yes and that I was fine with. Especially when that means I get to see the priceless look on Lacy's face when she sees him with Isa.

I decided to sit at the closest table to the popular table to hear the drama.

The tension changed as Lacy stopped by Isa's seat and gave her a murderous look.

"What are you doing on our table and in my seat?" Lacy asked glaring at Isa.

"Lacy this is Isabelle and she'll be sitting at our table today" Chase said to Lacy, who scoffed and walked around the table to the other side.

I was a little confused by what he said. He added in the word today. I don't know if he did that on purpose or he was unaware that he said that. I shrugged off the uneasiness that filled me as I heard Isabelle genuinely laughing at what Chase said. 

Later that night, Isabelle called me at 1am to tell me how amazing the date was and that she did it with him, instead of talking with her I just listened because I didn't want to kill the mood.

Later that night I tossed and turned and couldn't remove the thoughts that stood,

Should I have listened to my instinct.

But all I got was nothing.